• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Once the purchase is completed, the Company will begin the process of relocating the Marlin Firearms assets to existing Ruger manufacturing facilities said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    YES! I truly love me some Remington shotgun and 700 goodness, but what they did to Marlin is just plain wrong. Their management should be strung up, and their stock holders deserve to be punished. The only thing I'd like better would be to buy Marlin myself.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I'm confident in saying Red Label sales are fractionly microscopic compared to 870, 1187, 500, 590, 930 sales. Remington and Mossberg are shotgun companies. If you asked 1000 people what Ruger is "known" for I doubt you would get even one person saying shotguns.

Agree to disagree.;)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If I were asked to describe Ruger's offerings, I would start out with quality (but ugly) revolvers and plastic pistols, then the 10/22 and Mini series, then other rifles. Shotguns aren't even listed on their website anymore.

But for Remington, a shotgun (870 or 1100) is likely to be the first thing mentioned. At worst, one of those would be second after the Model 700.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    With it being Ruger should we expect a takedown lever from the factory :dunno:

I know there are conversion options and other takedown levers available, but it seems to be Ruger's game at the moment with the takedown rifles. It would be cool to see one, the conversions currently available aren't cheap by any means.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Probably more 870's sold a year than Red Labels ever.

Cheap stuff almost always sells more than quality that is priced accordingly.

There is little sensible reason for Ruger to purchase Remington. Ruger already has a large and varied lineup of rifles and I'm confident that if Ruger wanted to get into the pump shotgun business they could design something better than an 870 for a reasonable price.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Cheap stuff almost always sells more than quality that is priced accordingly.

There is little sensible reason for Ruger to purchase [STRIKE]Remington[/STRIKE] Marlin. Ruger already has a large and varied lineup of rifles and I'm confident that if Ruger wanted to get into the [STRIKE]pump shotgun[/STRIKE] lever rifle business they could design something better than an [STRIKE]870[/STRIKE] 336 for a reasonable price.

Yeah. That works too.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    After an initial drop in quality, Remington slowly corrected the issues with the marlin machinery. That's why, for a while, you could only find a specific few models and calibers. You can buy a new Marlin lever gun again.
    In my opinion the fit and finish never rose to the quality it should have been so no remains for me

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    At least a real firearm company bought Marlin and not some investment firm numb nuts who just want to make a quick buck.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    In my opinion the fit and finish never rose to the quality it should have been so no remains for me

I've owned several 'Remington Marlins' and I thought they looked great. Marlins to begin with were never custom crafted pieces but lower priced hunting guns made to compete with Winchester.

Top Bottom