• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Maybe Ruger can finally build a .22 that doesnt need half the parts upgraded?

With a stock 10/22 and a $20 used barsaka optic I could hit clay pigeons from 100 yrds with boring regularity. 10/22 works fine with factory parts.

Of course It's cool to upgrade to a bull threaded barrel and hogue stock and upgraded trigger, but not needed to function just fine.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    With a stock 10/22 and a $20 used barsaka optic I could hit clay pigeons from 100 yrds with boring regularity. 10/22 works fine with factory parts.

Of course It's cool to upgrade to a bull threaded barrel and hogue stock and upgraded trigger, but not needed to function just fine.

One of my buddies had a stock 10/22 for coon hunting that was atrocious. I'm talking 6-8 inch groups at 100 yards. Took the barrel band off and some sanding of the barrel groove and it dropped to 2-2.5. I was certainly surprised.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    One of my buddies had a stock 10/22 for coon hunting that was atrocious. I'm talking 6-8 inch groups at 100 yards. Took the barrel band off and some sanding of the barrel groove and it dropped to 2-2.5. I was certainly surprised.

Interesting. I could never shoot well with the irons, but I didn't take more than 1-2 range sessions to decide I was going to put the optic on.
    Now the only original part on mine is the bolt and receiver. Shoots just about as good as I can.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Interesting. I could never shoot well with the irons, but I didn't take more than 1-2 range sessions to decide I was going to put the optic on.
    Now the only original part on mine is the bolt and receiver. Shoots just about as good as I can.

Yeah I wouldn't of believed it if I hadn't seen it. I thought there was something wrong with the barrel, watched a couple videos and now it's good enough to shoot some raccoons with. That was with a 4x scope

Top Bottom