• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't like to pass on unconfirmed stories (not any ones mouthpiece here hired or otherwise) but Supposedly Top Gun is purchasing the building The Furniture Gallery was in across the street. There are suppose to be several indoor ranges etc put in as well.

I will believe it when I see it. Just like ISU building a stadium on the river and a bunch of shops/river walk type activities are going in too!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    ISU will be building a stadium along the river, they already started on the track and field new field. It is part of their master plan. They don't own Memorial stadium. The county owns it, who leases it to the city who leases it to ISU. As for the rumor, if true, if reasonably priced, I would use it also during the deep of winter.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have very little faith that this will happen. I just can't see this rumored event happening in this market. To be honest, I could see a few of the little shops in town closing before the alleged expansion occurs. The owner of a smaller shop has personally told me that he is considering closing his store and becoming a partner in another local shop. Considering how supposedly unscrupulous those associated with the individual who is rumored to be opening the range are, I have little hope for it being reasonably priced.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I am a recent graduate of Indiana State so I have been pretty active in the community the last 4 years. My go-to gunshop was always TopGuns. (it is still to the day, my favorite gunshop because of their great prices and ever greater customer service/friendliness.) They told me specifically in March that they had already began working on their indoor range. I didn't ask where in town it was, but I can confirm that they are building one. If it is like the prices on their firearms, i'm sure it will be reasonable, I just wasn't interested because I was a member at Protec.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Top guns and great prices? They have come down, but the are at least two other shops I would go to first no question.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Top guns and great prices? They have come down, but the are at least two other shops I would go to first no question.

Top Guns is a good place but one thing I can't get past when I have been there (literally because they are in the way when you try and look) is all the freakin Ego Stokers that hang out there. Some of us (at least me) go to gun shops to look at a next purchase not listen to folks tell each other how cool or tactical they are or how cool the shop is or see a costume contest of their Call of Duty 3 profile!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Top Guns is a good place but one thing I can't get past when I have been there (literally because they are in the way when you try and look) is all the freakin Ego Stokers that hang out there. Some of us (at least me) go to gun shops to look at a next purchase not listen to folks tell each other how cool or tactical they are or how cool the shop is or see a costume contest of their Call of Duty 3 profile!

Strange, I've never had that there. I like both Top Guns and Terre Haute Guns. Both are always friendly and helpful to me. I did have one employee at Top Guns one day that I didn't care for much, but just switched and worked with Steve instead.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Strange, I've never had that there. I like both Top Guns and Terre Haute Guns. Both are always friendly and helpful to me. I did have one employee at Top Guns one day that I didn't care for much, but just switched and worked with Steve instead.

I was referring to some (not all) of the customer base that I have observed present about every time I have been there. The other ones that crack me up are the girls. You know the ones all prettied up with their guy, You can actually see the chests get puffed up when their men walk in with them in tow, take all the attention of most of the random browsers, some kind of weird turn on for their guy or something. Just things that make me laugh inside.

Maybe I am just that old man down the street now at almost 50 but I go to gun shops to see guns and accessories not wanna be Tactical Johnnies or girls that are trying to be eye candy.

Again Top Guns is a decent store compared to what we had 3 years ago. Terre Haute Guns is also good as is Carson and Wabash Valley Armory. Go where the deals are.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Have been hearing Top Guns was building an indoor range since they reopened. Not holding my breath. The cost is a lot more than most understand. The exhaust and ventilation alone is astronomical. Not to mention the insurance. But it would be good to have in the area again.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In this talk of Terre Haute shops... No one has mentioned Wabash Valley Armory.

Not well regarded?

I stopped in there once... Both guys working seemed quite personable to me. I even got a wall calendar out of it. Prices seemed reasonable, too.

-J-

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

Not well regarded?

I stopped in there once... Both guys working seemed quite personable to me. I even got a wall calendar out of it. Prices seemed reasonable, too.

-J-

Compared to many stores, Wabash Valley Armory prices are good. Carson or Terre Haute guns still usually best their prices. I haven't really found anything wrong with them, I just like other shops better.

Terre Haute Guns has prices on their website. Firearms in Terre Haute | Buy, Sell and Trade Guns | Firearm Transfers

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    The selection of gun shops in Terre Haute is better now than it has ever been that I can remember.

I also heard the rumor regarding the indoor range. Was approached about a weekday evening USPSA-like indoor shoot.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

Not well regarded?

-J-

Yeah like jdmack says. They may not be too bad when compared to Gander or something. But still high and there are just better shops to go to for sure.

Top Bottom