• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks like we have the critical mass necessary to get a group of off-roaders and shooters together for a little meet, greet, shoot, and wheel.

Date: Saturday, October 9th
    Times: 8AM at the range, 1PM at the ORV park
    Where: Minnehaha Target Range and Redbird SRA (both near Dugger, IN)
    Fee: the range is free. Redbird is $10 per vehicle.

The Plan:

· Meet at Minnehaha from 8AM – noon for target shooting
    · Break for lunch (in Linton or bring your own)
    · Drive over to Redbird SRA at 1PM and go wheeling until 6PM. We must be out of the park by 7PM when it closes.

About Minnehaha
    DNR: Minnehaha
    · Get to SR 54 by your preferred route (SR54 runs from Linton to Sullivan, through Dugger).
    · Go WEST of Dugger to County Road 525E, and turn NORTH
    · Go NORTH on CR525E to CR 200N (approx. 2.7 miles), and turn WEST
    · Go WEST on CR200N passed a couple of small lakes to the range on your RIGHT (North side of the road).
    MAP
    This is a very primitive range (just a few benches and berms). Bring your own firearms, ammo, eyes, ears, stands, and targets. Also try to Tread Lightly - pack out whatever you pack in. We won't have exclusive use of the range, so be nice!

About Redbird SRA
    DNR: Redbird State Riding Area
    Redbird SRA - Home
    Location Info HERE. Redbird is literally 8 miles from the range, on the other side of Dugger. The easiest route from the range is back to 54, EAST through Dugger to CR 1500W. Turn LEFT (north) and go to CR 350N. Redbird will be on your right in 1/4 mile.

Depending on who all shows up, we can hit different types of trails in the afternoon. Redbird has about everything. You WILL get dirty. If it rains, it WILL be muddy. Either way, we WILL have a great time!

Even if you are relatively new to offroading, come on out! I am happy to take a group on the mild to moderate stuff and leave the harder stuff to the big boys. Of course, if it is just us Big Boys......:D

I will have my wife along, so feel free to bring your better half. We'll have a couple of handguns, and maybe my shotgun and a .22 rifle. I'll also bring my offroad Jeep CJ-7 for the afternoon. PM me if you are traveling out on I-70, and maybe we can meet up and caravan down together.

I am also inviting the offroad club I run with: JPFROG Offroaders. We have a few shooters as well! Might have a pretty good turnout.

Post up if you can join us!

List of "in" or "probable" so far:
    - Eldirector (duh, that's me)
    - [strike]LoveMachine46147[/strike]
    - Hardtrailz400
    - XDinmyXJ
    - MX_chick_42
    - T-rav (looking for a passenger's seat from Ft. Wayne)
    - Kinnards80
    - WoundedYak
    - Keith_Indy
    - [STRIKE]KevinJ110[/STRIKE]
    - [strike]HTrailBlazer (as a passenger)[/strike]
    - your name here......

Lemme know if I missed someone.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm gonna try to make this. I think it would be a lot of fun. Since you're coming from Brownsburg, I may try to follow you up there, if that's ok.

And I don't like that last comment. I'm no lil boy! :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm gonna try to make this. I think it would be a lot of fun. Since you're coming from Brownsburg, I may try to follow you up there, if that's ok.

And I don't like that last comment. I'm no lil boy! :D

I was hoping you could make it.... We can either meet up around here, or I usually meet the guys at the Plainfield exit for I-70. I get breakfast at Burger King :coffee: I'll have to hit the road pretty early to get down there at 8!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Man! This sounds like fun but with it being over 2 hours from me it would be a little difficult. My off road vehicle is street legal but I don't really like spending a lot of time on the highway with it and I don't have a trailer. It would probably take over 3 hours to get there if I stayed off the highway. I've never been there so I don't know if my buggy would be much good on the trails in question although I have upgraded the suspension some since this pic was taken.

IMG_8153.jpg

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    A buggy without 4x4 would be little fun at Redbird. Even one locker and 3 wheel drive is not enough for many trails.

There may be areas we didnt explore, but I think we hit or saw almost everything on the map.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    This sounds fun. I'm going to Redbird on Oct. 23rd to clean trail 21, Don't think I can make this on considering I'm also going to badlands the weekend before this! :D

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    i just picked up a cherokee. will try to get her up n ready for this trip. i was just thinking that we should try to get a group together to do something like this. it is a bit of a drive for us but we will try!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm in, sounds like fun, I've never been to redbird so I'm not sure what to bring! I've got my 91'cruiser without lockers, or my yamaha rhino. Any suggestions? I don't have a trailer for the cruiser so I would have to wheel and drive it home which means I would have to play nice!

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I'm in, sounds like fun, I've never been to redbird so I'm not sure what to bring! I've got my 91'cruiser without lockers, or my yamaha rhino. Any suggestions? I don't have a trailer for the cruiser so I would have to wheel and drive it home which means I would have to play nice!

I only have a rear locker. A couple Jeeps I went with were open front and rear and one had LS and open.

I always drive mine to the trails and back. I dont always play nice, but dont be stupid with the skinny pedal.

Redbird has some tight trails and I have some nice rub marks from trees, so if you are worried about looks you will just need to be careful. I would definitely advise for a passenger to keep an eye on your pass side when squeezing through trees. My Bro In Law sved me a couple times, but he also had to be told to tell me before I hit trees, not after.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sounds like we have a decent group started!

Kinnards80 - Is that the 'Cruiser in your avatar? If so, you'll be fine! It will be a tight fit some places, and open diffs will make some spots more "fun", but you'll make it through. Redbird also has a LOT of trails just for ATV/UTV/Dirtbike use. Your Rhino would be a blast.

I'll update the OP with a running count of folks, just to help keep track.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Sounds like we have a decent group started!

Kinnards80 - Is that the 'Cruiser in your avatar? If so, you'll be fine! It will be a tight fit some places, and open diffs will make some spots more "fun", but you'll make it through. Redbird also has a LOT of trails just for ATV/UTV/Dirtbike use. Your Rhino would be a blast.

I'll update the OP with a running count of folks, just to help keep track.

Yea, the cruiser is my avatar. I've wheeled it quite a bit, just not at redbird. It's been to atica a few times and haspin too. I'm not at all worried about scratches, or even small dents, it already has it's caracter marks!:D
    I'll see closer to the event, I've towed my rhino to haspin with the crusher before maybe that might be the way to go. Thanks for setting this up, sounds like a great time.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Makes me wish I still had my TJ. Never got to wheel it much :( Would be interested in a passenger seat if one is open around the south side.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom