Run for an assault weapons ban in Indy...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Considering the fact that this is Indiana, my guess is that this bill has about a snowflake's chance in Hell of going anywhere. Roughly about equal to the chances of the snowflake who introduced this bill of going anywhere in Indiana politics. Maybe he could just write a book entitled, "How to commit political suicide in the state of Indiana".

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Considering the fact that this is Indiana, my guess is that this bill has about a snowflake's chance in Hell of going anywhere. Roughly about equal to the chances of the snowflake who introduced this bill of going anywhere in Indiana politics. Maybe he could just write a book entitled, "How to commit political suicide in the state of Indiana".

Very likely true.
    But leftists will keep coming at us until they succeed, no matter how long it takes them.

I remember back in the Mayor Goldsmith era when they tried a so-called "assault weapon" ban in Marion County .

Mayor Goldsmith was on local TV news supporting it.
    But after it failed miserably, he later denied he was EVER for it.

I went to the City Council meeting the night they were discussing it.
    It was standing room only, and a polite but hostile crowd.

There was a Councilman named Rozelle Boyd who was really pushing for it.

That attack on our civil rights was pushed back that night, BUT leftists will keep trying until they get enough useful idiots to get it passed.
    MAKE NO MISTAKE.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Very likely true.
    But leftists will keep coming at us until they succeed, no matter how long it takes them.

I remember back in the Mayor Goldsmith era when they tried a so-called "assault weapon" ban in Marion County .

Mayor Goldsmith was on local TV news supporting it.
    But after it failed miserably, he later denied he was EVER for it.

I went to the City Council meeting the night they were discussing it.
    It was standing room only, and a polite but hostile crowd.

There was a Councilman named Rozelle Boyd who was really pushing for it.

That attack on our civil rights was pushed back that night, BUT leftists will keep trying until they get enough useful idiots to get it passed.
    MAKE NO MISTAKE.

Fortunately for us, Goldsmith moved to New York, where he belongs.

Wait . . . he's back at Harvard/JFK School of Gov't again, in Massachusetts. Again, where he belongs.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Dems seem convinced that there has now been a sea change in public opinion on gun control. I guess we are going to find out if this is true. The polls seem to agree with them. But the big wild card is that gun owners come out and vote when threatened, will the gun grabber rank and file do the same in the next few elections. I am afraid that since the anti-trumpers seem very energized it might skew the results against us in the upcoming mid terms.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    One can be a Fudd, a Butter, or both. Then there are people who are anti-2A who are funded by people with private security armies. Their goal is confiscation. All you have to do is listen to them, they assume everyone thinks like them and will state their ultimate goals.

If only murder could be made illegal...
    What is a butter? I just finally got what a fudd is.:):
    I'm slow.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I really don't see this having much chance of passing anytime in the near future. However, I do agree that the anti's will continue to push their agenda until they have enough people in place to make it hapen...at least in some form.

I think one aspect of the fight we need to improve is getting our message out in a wide spread manner. The MSM constantly bombards the masses with antigun stories, crime reports with interviews with someone calling for "we need to get these guns off the street ", talk about how easy it is to get a gun etc. The pro gun stories are few and far between.

I know we have some great ambassadors for responsible gun owners. But, it seems that we gun owners are treated as some kind of fringe group by MSM and aren't given the same main stream resources to show people that we are not the problem.
    I really feel like it is a method the anti's use to silence our views and opinions..or at least minimize it. I mean you can turn on the tv just about any day and find a sporting event to watch on any main stream channel. When was the last time a shooting sports/ pro gun tv show was on any channel that wasn't part of some sports package?

Also, it doesn't help that we as a gun culture are scattered on the issues.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    The Dems seem convinced that there has now been a sea change in public opinion on gun control. I guess we are going to find out if this is true. The polls seem to agree with them. But the big wild card is that gun owners come out and vote when threatened, will the gun grabber rank and file do the same in the next few elections. I am afraid that since the anti-trumpers seem very energized it might skew the results against us in the upcoming mid terms.

The Dems have won a few run-off and special elections in other states. This has me worried for the mid-terms, where an incumbent's party is usually at a disadvantage. They have some momentum plus milking everything they can from Parkland. Add a violent first 3 months in the city and they feel pretty good about their situation.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

This.
    After the democrats got spanked during President Clinton's admin, they stayed away from it.
    But now, they figure either it was other reasons, or that things have changed.
    Only way is if we get out there and they suffer again.
    MAYBE they'll learn.

Or, maybe we won't get out there to vote, and WE will learn.
    I hope not, but we need to vote.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This.
    After the democrats got spanked during President Clinton's admin, they stayed away from it.
    But now, they figure either it was other reasons, or that things have changed.
    Only way is if we get out there and they suffer again.
    MAYBE they'll learn.

Or, maybe we won't get out there to vote, and WE will learn.
    I hope not, but we need to vote.

Probably has a lot to do with polls which show rising support for gun control. Cities are writing ordinances banning semi-autos. We’llbsee if they get away with it politically.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Being in SE Indiana I have no influence on the local vote in Indianapolis or a Marion County and the more I read and hear the more I worry our state will become over-ruled if you will by the liberal city of Indianapolis & Marion County. My wife is a New Yorker and she loves it here and is very Conservative and Pro 2A. But she warns me constantly that she sees similarities in Indiana as she saw in her home state. The upstate New Yorkers are mostly conservatives (and gun owners) who used to ignore what New York City, Albany, & Buffalo spouted about gun restrictions, etc. Now the up-staters are in the minority and suffer the liberalism and lost of freedom caused by these cities' influence on the rest of their state (or they can move out of New York like she did). I hope that there are enough of my like-minded gun owners in Indianapolis & Marion County who can fight the growth of the liberalism with your votes each and every time there is an election. The rest of the state (especially rural people like me) are counting on you.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One more thing that makes a difference is, since they ended the draft many years ago, there's now millions of grown men who've never shot a gun before.
    Before that, there were millions more young men who had serve a hitch in the Army and at least were familiarized with shooting.

Top Bottom