Run for an assault weapons ban in Indy...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh.

I am aware of a bunch of robe wearing sheepherders over in a place called Afghanistan that have been holding off the "world's most powerful military force" for well over 15 years.

That kinda reinforces my point. That kind of resistance is successful because of the political and moral cost of bringing the full weight of the US military capability upon those sheepherders. It's that way because the world is watching, including Americans, and the tactics required for a complete victory are not socially acceptable to the Western world. Truly tyrannical governments, like the former Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, China, etcetera, have no moral qualms with tactics such as mass extermination of its people who disagree with the state.

Of course disarming society before a government goes full on murderous is a necessary step in a government becoming full on murderous. So this is essentially my counter argument to those who claim that our AR 15s are no match for nukes, let's say. Well. No. The weapons ordinary citizens are allowed to have are not competitive with the weapons the US military has. But to become tyrannical, our government would have to figure out how to escalate violence against it's own people and not lose the political capital it requires to maintain power. If we're unarmed, we're already conquered and therefore incapable of even making them work to earn their tyranny. That was the point.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    We have a god thing going here. Before that gets lost, let's pass it on to the next generation, and the next. Teach some kids how guns can serve us.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Meh.

I am aware of a bunch of robe wearing sheepherders over in a place called Afghanistan that have been holding off the "world's most powerful military force" for well over 15 years.
    In that you are 100%wrong. Those men in robes are holding off the POLITICIANS that won’t let the most powerful military in the world do their jobs.

Top Bottom