• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I do trail ultramarathons (100+ mile trail races). If you're seriously looking for a pack, look at Salomon, Ultimate Direction, Nathans, and UltrAspire. They make some good ones that I've used in 100 mile mountain runs when I'm not going to see an aid station for a solid 30 miles or something like that. If you're really looking to carry stuff and run, that's the way to go.

They also make those stupid fanny packs.....

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Peopke get mugged on the trails all the time. What's your normal pace?

I used to be a professional runner. Never had any of my runner buddies get mugged, and I've logged more miles than most people have on their vehicles. But then again, it's pretty obvious we don't have anything to steal... That, and it's the same thing people talk about on here all the time. Situational awareness and "look like a victim, be a victim."

Nobody messes with a guy in short shorts.
    1) they might be crazy.
    2) there's always a chance you might get your ass kicked by a guy in short shorts, and nobody wants that.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I used to be a professional runner. Never had any of my runner buddies get mugged, and I've logged more miles than most people have on their vehicles. But then again, it's pretty obvious we don't have anything to steal... That, and it's the same thing people talk about on here all the time. Situational awareness and "look like a victim, be a victim."

Nobody messes with a guy in short shorts.
    1) they might be crazy.
    2) there's always a chance you might get your ass kicked by a guy in short shorts, and nobody wants that.

Lol, good point.

I hate running. I do it once a year, and that's because I have to.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I spent most the summer training for Sapper school.(YouTube if your not sure what that is). There a lot of running and rucking that has to be done within a certain pace. During ruck training I would have a 50 pound ruck, load bearing vest, about 12 pounds of water, and my M&P 45 compact tucked into my vest and would average 12-13 minute mike paces for 12-15 miles. While running I carry a lcp custom in a belly band. With the lcp I have no problems maintaining a sub 7 minute pace for 5 miles.

Unfortunately during the night time land navigation I fell in a sink hole and jacked my knee up and got medically dropped on day 15 about half way through.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I will re-state that pepper spray is useful if you feel the need for some type of protection while running. With a daughter away at college I did some research on pepper sprays and tasers. The bulk of the evidence supported pepper spray as the better choice. Specifically one comparison showed a taser failing to deter a pit bull yet pepper spray sent it scurrying. Under stress pepper spray is more likely to stop the threat at a distance. You should investigate the options yourself, because people can come to different conclusions even when given the same information.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I will re-state that pepper spray is useful if you feel the need for some type of protection while running. With a daughter away at college I did some research on pepper sprays and tasers. The bulk of the evidence supported pepper spray as the better choice. Specifically one comparison showed a taser failing to deter a pit bull yet pepper spray sent it scurrying. Under stress pepper spray is more likely to stop the threat at a distance. You should investigate the options yourself, because people can come to different conclusions even when given the same information.

Use foam if you are going to use pepper spray, fogging everyone just sucks.

Kimber pepper blaster is decent.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I run in the wind and outside. I'm sticking with a taser if I'd have to choose between the two.

Top Bottom