Running My Mouth Has Consequences (Duh).

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, I was at Rural King on Saturday and I saw a guy I know. I don't know him well, but enough to say hello, how are you, etc. During the conversation, the topic of the Walther PPX arose. I mentioned that they're ugly and blocky, but they're really easy to shoot well and overall great guns.

That was fine, but then I did it. I had to be a smarta** and add, "They're like Hi Points that actually work and that you can tell your friends you have one."

So then the guy told me he owned a Hi Point .45. He didn't seem upset, but I got the impression that it was his only gun and I felt like an elitist douche for saying what I said.

Ugh.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    So, I was at Rural King on Saturday and I saw a guy I know. I don't know him well, but enough to say hello, how are you, etc. During the conversation, the topic of the Walther PPX arose. I mentioned that they're ugly and blocky, but they're really easy to shoot well and overall great guns.

That was fine, but then I did it. I had to be a smarta** and add, "They're like Hi Points that actually work and that you can tell your friends you have one."

So then the guy told me he owned a Hi Point .45. He didn't seem upset, but I got the impression that it was his only gun and I felt like an elitist douche for saying what I said.

Ugh.

You're not a elitist douche. You're right. :popcorn:

:+1:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's not nearly as bad as when your wife hasn't lost her "baby weight" and somebody sees you at the grocery store and asks your wife if she's expecting her baby soon.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    That's not nearly as bad as when your wife hasn't lost her "baby weight" and somebody sees you at the grocery store and asks your wife if she's expecting her baby soon.

Ohh like the time my wife introduced my son and I to a lady she works with. The lady was all like "Is this your little boy?" My wife answered yes and they talked about our son for a couple seconds. The woman then asks my wife "And is this your dad?" My wife nearly hit the ground laughing. A couple days later I noticed on the receipt after leaving a restaurant that the girl on the register gave me the senior discount. I am in my 30's.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana

LMAO, I have done that... Well I just ask if its a boy or a girl, Reply was Im not pregnant Im just fat... Then my reply was O' sorry, then walked away... But inside I was thinking DAMN !

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Coincidence maybe but yesterday we ran into my fiance's uncle at Rual King and he was buying a Walther PPX. Against my advice that I had given him the last time we talked and I pretty much said the same thing you did. They are ugly and blocky and compared their looks to a refined Highpoint.

Maybe I'm an elitist douche too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ohh like the time my wife introduced my son and I to a lady she works with. The lady was all like "Is this your little boy?" My wife answered yes and they talked about our son for a couple seconds. The woman then asks my wife "And is this your dad?" My wife nearly hit the ground laughing. A couple days later I noticed on the receipt after leaving a restaurant that the girl on the register gave me the senior discount. I am in my 30's.

LMAO, I have done that... Well I just ask if its a boy or a girl, Reply was Im not pregnant Im just fat... Then my reply was O' sorry, then walked away... But inside I was thinking DAMN !
    :laugh:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Coincidence maybe but yesterday we ran into my fiance's uncle at Rual King and he was buying a Walther PPX. Against my advice that I had given him the last time we talked and I pretty much said the same thing you did. They are ugly and blocky and compared their looks to a refined Highpoint.

Saved and filed for future poll!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Hah! Have you shot one? I was surprised when I did. For $246, they're a great bargain.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    How the heck else are people that own Hi-Points ever gonna learn?

Ugh.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The woman then asks my wife "And is this your dad?" My wife nearly hit the ground laughing. A couple days later I noticed on the receipt after leaving a restaurant that the girl on the register gave me the senior discount. I am in my 30's.

Is it weird to say "pics or it didn't happen" in this situation? :cool:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    How the heck else are people that own Hi-Points ever gonna learn?

for a cheap throw in the bag headed out to the woods, whatever... gun they are fine. Taught my wife how shoot with one and it did the trick. 0 FTF or jams, then traded it off for a mosin.. it served its purpose. I'd buy another if the price was right. Yes there are better handguns out there.. NO offense to anyone one... :rolleyes:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hah! Have you shot one? I was surprised when I did. For $246, they're a great bargain.

No I haven't shot one but now that he has one I may get the chance. I've been spoiled by CZs and 1911s though and the PPX just doesn't fit my hands well. I have heard they are good guns for the money.

Top Bottom