• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I am with you bwframe. I get what I need and also find that it is cheaper than Menard's on mower items. Good root beer too. :cheers: Oh, and during a lot of the year you can pick up chicks (ducks too!)
    Ammo to Zip-ties is how I describe RK.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If Rural King doesn't have it, you probably don't need it. They have pretty good prices on guns in the store and better prices on rkguns.com. Sign up and you'll get regular emails on special deals. No, I am not employed there.

heres 3 things that rk needs
    1 mags to fit their loss leader guns (I cant tell you how many people rk employees send to us telling them that we have that magazine in stock, how tf do they know what we stock!)
    2 holsters to fit their loss leader guns (I cant tell you how many people rk employees send to us telling them the we have that holster in stock, how tf do they know what we have in stock!)
    3 employees who know what they're doing! (I cant tell you how many people come to us with a broken "plastic" ar15 that "gun barn" employees said they were "just as good" as aluminum ar15's!, or Philippine made 38's that are "exactly like colt detective specials")

and don't get me started on what happened during the "ammo shortage" of 13-14, "the gun barn" employees would sell people guns, and say "we don't have ammo for that, but (insert a lgs name here) has it" and then when we would tell them that we were holding ammo for the people who bought guns from us, they had the testicular fortitude to get mad at us!

or how their "gun experts" don't know that 4473's are invalid after 30 days, and that their "policy" of "no approval, no transfer" means that if you're delayed, they wont transfer a firearm till they get approval, (even tho brady law says you can transfer after 3 days), for example, a "gun barn" customer came to us (a lgs) and started asking us questions about why after 60 days he couldn't pick up his gun, we told him that he couldn't get his gun, that he'd have to fill out the 4473 again, and he'd get delayed, and that after 30 days, he'd have to fill it out yet again and get delayed yet again...OR he could go to a lgs, that knows the law, and that after 3 business days, we'd transfer it to him according to the actual law (not some bs a corporate lawyer made up)… FYI he went back to rk asked for his money back, came to us, paid a little more for the gun, got delayed, and 3 days later we gave it to him (oh and rural king tried to charge him a 10% restocking fee, till he got real s****y with the manager!)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    heres 3 things that rk needs
    1 mags to fit their loss leader guns (I cant tell you how many people rk employees send to us telling them that we have that magazine in stock, how tf do they know what we stock!)
    2 holsters to fit their loss leader guns (I cant tell you how many people rk employees send to us telling them the we have that holster in stock, how tf do they know what we have in stock!)
    3 employees who know what they're doing! (I cant tell you how many people come to us with a broken "plastic" ar15 that "gun barn" employees said they were "just as good" as aluminum ar15's!, or Philippine made 38's that are "exactly like colt detective specials")

and don't get me started on what happened during the "ammo shortage" of 13-14, "the gun barn" employees would sell people guns, and say "we don't have ammo for that, but (insert a lgs name here) has it" and then when we would tell them that we were holding ammo for the people who bought guns from us, they had the testicular fortitude to get mad at us!

or how their "gun experts" don't know that 4473's are invalid after 30 days, and that their "policy" of "no approval, no transfer" means that if you're delayed, they wont transfer a firearm till they get approval, (even tho brady law says you can transfer after 3 days), for example, a "gun barn" customer came to us (a lgs) and started asking us questions about why after 60 days he couldn't pick up his gun, we told him that he couldn't get his gun, that he'd have to fill out the 4473 again, and he'd get delayed, and that after 30 days, he'd have to fill it out yet again and get delayed yet again...OR he could go to a lgs, that knows the law, and that after 3 business days, we'd transfer it to him according to the actual law (not some bs a corporate lawyer made up)… FYI he went back to rk asked for his money back, came to us, paid a little more for the gun, got delayed, and 3 days later we gave it to him (oh and rural king tried to charge him a 10% restocking fee, till he got real s****y with the manager!)

If your store only sold PB Blaster, socket sets and vanilla flavoring to go along with guns, as a good hardware store should... ;)

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Rural king doesn't really cater to a diverse market, so one would expect that they wouldn't want to rock the boat and offend their core shopper.

I’m fortunate to have an RK 5 minutes from where I work. I spend a considerable amount of $$ there on feed for my critters and rural lifestyle. I drive right by the Wallymart 1/4 mile from RK.
    RK also has been the beneficiary of me purchasing several firearms and ammunition from them. They often have good sales and if you aren’t familiar with their online gun store, you are missing out.
    RKGuns.Com

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I’m fortunate to have an RK 5 minutes from where I work. I spend a considerable amount of $$ there on feed for my critters and rural lifestyle. I drive right by the Wallymart 1/4 mile from RK.
    RK also has been the beneficiary of me purchasing several firearms and ammunition from them. They often have good sales and if you aren’t familiar with their online gun store, you are missing out.
    RKGuns.Com

Dude, thanks! I'm on that site now.

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Dude, thanks! I'm on that site now.

And sign up for their frequent specials on firearm sales, ammo, and related items
    delivered right into your email inbox. They don’t charge a FFL transfer fee delivered to their store, but I believe shipping from RKguns to the store is about $12.99. You can also chose to purchase & ship to the FFL of your choice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    RKGuns.Com

Also... on things like tools and hardware, compare prices. They're often cheaper than Lowes (the only big box hardware store we have). Yesterday, (as one example) I needed a nozzle for my pressure washer. It was at least 1/2 price of what Lowes was charging.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I've only ever gone into Rural King for pet food or sometimes for the candy they have. Obviously I need to look at ammo there! It's thankfully about a 4 minute drive from my house.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    And sign up for their frequent specials on firearm sales, ammo, and related items
    delivered right into your email inbox. They don’t charge a FFL transfer fee delivered to their store, but I believe shipping from RKguns to the store is about $12.99. You can also chose to purchase & ship to the FFL of your choice.

True about no FFL transfer fee. I bought two guns from RKguns and there was no shipping fee either. Problem was, I had to wait until they had a truck coming to my store with a delivery. In one instance it took two weeks for my gun to come in. The second time it was only three days. In both cases, I was not in a hurry so that was okay with me.

I have been threatening to go to work at Rural King a couple of days a week when I retire in February. They are always hiring. My wife says she won't let me because even with an employee discount I will spend more than I earn.

Top Bottom