• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    Went to Rural King in Jeffersonville yesterday and they finally have their guns in. Had a nice selection of handguns with a few long guns and some tactical (ar15). Please give them a look if in the area, all sales people were very helpful. Prices were very competitive too.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    They have a gun of the week (GOW). The prices can be better much better than internet. Recent crazy deals: Bodyguard $299. P226 Navy $799. Love RK. I would disagree about the sales personal. 50% are complete idiots, the rest are great.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I bought one of 870's at the RK in Greensburg. It was $30 more there than Wally World, but wanted RK to have my money. From what I remember, their handgun prices were a tad high. Guy behind the counter... not much of a clue, but nice and as helpful as possible.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    There appears to be no rural king in NWI. I was down in Illinois just outside St. Louis the other week and in the middle of a fairly urban area they had a rural king. Nice store but wasted in it's location. Perhaps I am just jealous.

RangerRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Fountain County
    The rural king in Laffeyette has a nice selection,I was there last thursday. I was checking their price on a sr9c it was about $35 higher than i paid at my lgs. But the lady behind counter was very nice, and for the little I asked she seemed to have a working knowledge of the guns. Plus she didnt freak out when she saw my OC on my hip. just watch out for the birds flying around in there they like to dive bomb you.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    When rural king in terre haute first started selling guns, they were very reasonable, on par with lgs with certain guns on sale at really great prices. Now, not so much. Was in there looking last week and almost every single gun (handguns.didn't look at long guns) was $35-$50 over local gun store prices and I saw at least one (an xds) that was $100 dollars higher than all of the local lgs. Don't know what happened, probably corporate greed. I would much prefer to give my money to the little guy anyway.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Been to the one in Martintucky a couple of times, like that place better than Tractor Supply. They didn't have the Sig 227 I was looking for, but neither did anyone else.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    When rural king in terre haute first started selling guns, they were very reasonable, on par with lgs with certain guns on sale at really great prices. Now, not so much. Was in there looking last week and almost every single gun (handguns.didn't look at long guns) was $35-$50 over local gun store prices and I saw at least one (an xds) that was $100 dollars higher than all of the local lgs. Don't know what happened, probably corporate greed. I would much prefer to give my money to the little guy anyway.

Jesus... This crap never ends. Give enough of your money to "the little guy" and THEY will become corporate as well. They ALL started as someones local store. What the hell is the matter with an American company doing well, that makes so many of you go running to the hills?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    While the local RK does have a good selection....they just dont beat out my LGS that I use when typically buying a new firearm. RK seems to be atleast $50 higher on everything that goes bang.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    RK had the Heritage 22's on sale before Christmas at $99 with no tax. Their regular price is only $109 so that's pretty cheap when I happened to see one (somewhere) @ $150 when they have a sell with no tax day, it's the time to buy. (If its in stock)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I love the RK in Martinsville. Never really paid much attention to the gun prices, but they have great deals on other stuff, like ammo cans (when they're in stock). I even tried a pair of their jeans ($9.99!) and will be going back for more.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Will finally get a chance to see what they're like. Getting a RK in Fort Wayne soon in the old Kroger store on 24 near I69 exit 302.

95YJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    East Of Indy
    Closest RK is in New Castle..no firearms yet...supposed to get a "remodel" and get em in...new store in Shelbyville has firearms, I seem to find myself there at least once a month if not more...

mxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Middletown
    Was at RK in Muncie yesterday. Great price on an 870, something I have been looking for. I had to force myself not to pull out the credit card!!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I remember to good days when you could buy a firearm & ammunition in about any hardware store. I bought my dad a 410 gauge shotgun (for Christmas) at a Century Hardware for 59.00. There wasn't a lot of LGS's back in those days. We usually had to wait for service until the clerk finished talking chicken feed with a customer. I once bought a Marlin 22 LR carbine (looked like the military M1 30 caliber carbine) for 43.00 at a hardware store. What happen to all those places with firearms?

Try that today. I like shopping Rural King. Now I hear there 's one in Martinsville. Next thing you know is the Camby store will be selling chicken feed.

Top Bottom