• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Went to Rural King in Jeffersonville yesterday and they finally have their guns in. Had a nice selection of handguns with a few long guns and some tactical (ar15). Please give them a look if in the area, all sales people were very helpful. Prices were very competitive too.

Thanks for the info... did not know they had them in yet.:yesway:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Lafayette RK used to have decent prices on ammo. Those days are gone. Last time I was in there they had PMC 45acp for $30/50rds, rem 223 55gr fmj $12.99/20rds.

:rolleyes:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    RK is a great store, I have converted a few of my friends into RK junkies too. We cat make a trip to Muncie without at least stopping by to see what is on sale. Gun prices run between decent to really high. My LGS beat their price on my wifes XDs 45 by $100 without any haggling. Every now and then they have some prices that are just too good to pass up, an so I stop in to see whats new.

Drotis

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Thanks for the heads up. I pass by there frequently. I didn't realize they were going to start carrying guns. Will definitely check them out.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Laf RK has a nice selection due to their somewhat high prices. A guy behind the counter this week was probably much more qualified at sweeping the floors. Asked him if they had any 5.45x39 and his look was that of confusion.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If you time it just right, you can get some excellent deals on Carhartt stuff at RK. I got a nice Carhartt coat with the hood and quilted lining for $37 last spring, they are normally priced anywhere from $89 to $109. Got a Carhartt beany a few weeks ago for $1.99.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Last week Owensboro RK had plenty of guns, a little ammo and NO .22. I could have gone a few miles to Whittaker or Ace's and beat their prices.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I'm with you JB...

I remember to good days when you could buy a firearm & ammunition in about any hardware store. I bought my dad a 410 gauge shotgun (for Christmas) at a Century Hardware for 59.00. There wasn't a lot of LGS's back in those days. We usually had to wait for service until the clerk finished talking chicken feed with a customer. I once bought a Marlin 22 LR carbine (looked like the military M1 30 caliber carbine) for 43.00 at a hardware store. What happen to all those places with firearms?

Try that today. I like shopping Rural King. Now I hear there 's one in Martinsville. Next thing you know is the Camby store will be selling chicken feed.

@ 14 years old, I had my Dad buy (August '68'+NO one knew the law changes for SURE) with my paper route $, my first firearm-Marlin Golden 39A.

This was at Sunshine Ace Hardware, Naples Fla., for the HI price of $89.95 New in the Box...OH HOW times have changed...Bill.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    For what its worth and I apologize if someone already mentioned this, but I was in the Logansport RK this weekend and they are getting set up to sell firearms. The rifle racks and glass display counters were in place and they have most of the ammo and shooting accessories moved into what will become the firearms area. I asked a manager when they would start selling firearms and she said they are expecting their first one hundred firearms any day now. She did not specify of the one hundred what would be handguns and long guns? Anyway...just some FYI.:D

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Bought some 105mm m68 wooden ammo crates at RK this weekend @ $9...now what to do with them...

I bought a couple as well. Heck, as nice as they are I'll probably mount them on a wall in my garage to use as storage. I've also considered combining them and building a display case. For nine bucks I couldn't pass them up.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Jesus... This crap never ends. Give enough of your money to "the little guy" and THEY will become corporate as well. They ALL started as someones local store. What the hell is the matter with an American company doing well, that makes so many of you go running to the hills?
    Jesus.... This crap never ends. Give enough of your money to the "bigger guys"and the local small business will cease to exist. What the hell is the matter with a small local business surviving in competition with the big stores that makes a few of you so ANGRY?............. I don't have a problem with rural king, never said I did other than high prices on most guns the last time I was in there. But if uncle Joe down the street with one employee is trying to make a living selling the same thing,I am going to support him. If he someday makes it big, I'll move on to the next guy who could use a little local support. Shoot me for caring about these people. Relax man.

Saber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    thanks for the heads up, i like to go to the RK in Jeff and walk around @ lunch.
    I always walk out with something!

24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    Prices in Jeffersonville seem pretty reasonable. S&W M&P SHIELD 9mm was $419 and the S&W M&P 9c was $499. Those were the two I was most interested in. Took home the SHIELD 9mm !!!!!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Kokomo RK seems to have a good selection of firearms, both longguns and pistols. The prices are a little high, but they always have something on sale for a much better price.

It's worth noting they do not accept returns on firearms, so they will not match a sale price if you bring in a receipt from the previous days purchase. That left a salty taste in my mouth, but I would buy from them again.

Top Bottom