• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Turning a blind eye to the enormous gun running pipeline from Lafayette to Chicago will not help anyone.

Why would I have a problem with gun running pipelines if I don't consider that guns have ever been the problem? Hmm?

Where do you intend to go with this line of thought? You're not adopting just a bit of the anti-gun hype are you?

I will steer you out of it. ;)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just for fun, I am going to use the First Amendment to defend Rural King. You will notice that all the freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment necessarily rest on the freedom of thought. The freedom of thought ultimately devolves into the 'right to be wrong'. That said, RK has the right to believe patently stupid ideas and set their policies accordingly. This does not, however, nullify my right to bring attention to the stupidity in their ideas or their deeds.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just for fun, I am going to use the First Amendment to defend Rural King. You will notice that all the freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment necessarily rest on the freedom of thought. The freedom of thought ultimately devolves into the 'right to be wrong'. That said, RK has the right to believe patently stupid ideas and set their policies accordingly. This does not, however, nullify my right to bring attention to the stupidity in their ideas or their deeds.

A fine exercise. :yesway:

That said, RK also has the right to believe that patently stupid government agencies will maintain various forms of coercive pressure against their livelihood if they don't acquiesce to certain "suggestions" and set their policies accordingly.

Nobody could really blame them, one way or the other, but the latter seems far more reasonable (and likely), at least to me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why would I have a problem with gun running pipelines if I don't consider that guns have ever been the problem? Hmm?

Guns aren't the problem, it's the people coming to Lafayette to fill up duffel bags full of guns at the Lafayette gun shows or going from Lafayette gun store to Lafayette gun store to buy guns for the Black Gangster Disciples, Black Knights and Latin Kings.

It does us no good to pretend that this is not happening.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Guns aren't the problem, it's the people coming to Lafayette to fill up duffel bags full of guns at the Lafayette gun shows or going from Lafayette gun store to Lafayette gun store to buy guns for the Black Gangster Disciples, Black Knights and Latin Kings.

Fair enough. Let's get to work banning criminal gangs.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

I don't need to pretend it's not happening, I believe guns should be available for purchase in Chicago.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I just heard that the Teal Rd. Rural King in Lafayette has a new policy regarding firearms sales, and I think it could cause them a headache.
    A friend called tonight to tell me that Rural King denied a sale to him.
    They didn't even run a check, they never started the sale.

They told him they will not accept an Indiana state I.D. card for a firearms sale.
    Told him it had to be a drivers license or NO SALE!

Seems the ATF is coming down on Rural King because too many guns from the Lafayette store are ending up on the streets in Chiraq.
    My buddy called Rural King corporate, who put him in touch with their ATF compliance officer.
    This lady told him that too many people were obtaining an Indiana state I.D. just to purchase firearms, then run the to Chicago to sell on the streets.

While I understand Rural King's concern, I don't think it's entirely legal to deny a sale based on this policy.
    Federal law, if I'm not mistaken, says that a state issued I.D. is required to complete a firearms transaction.
    Most use a drivers license, but some can't, or don't, obtain a drivers license for whatever reason.

Ingo attorneys, what say you?
    Is this policy kosher?

Forget RK. Why does your friend only have a state ID?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    So he's legally blind in both eyes and wants to buy a gun? Well if he's too blind to drive a car methinks he just might be too blind to shoot a gun. I know I would not want to share a range with a blind person shooting a gun. Nor would I feel good with selling a blind person a gun.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So he's legally blind in both eyes and wants to buy a gun? Well if he's too blind to drive a car methinks he just might be too blind to shoot a gun. I know I would not want to share a range with a blind person shooting a gun. Nor would I feel good with selling a blind person a gun.
    On of the beauties of freedom. You can not like it, and he can not care.

He may be a collector. May just want to own one for kicks. May even want to go shooting. You'd be surprised how many "legally blind" people can see well enough to do just about anything they set their mind to.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carey_McWilliams_(marksman)

Besides, the BMV's definition of "too blind to drive" certainly isn't that you are actually blind.
    : Vision Screening

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Please understand that "legally blind" does not mean blind. "Legally blind" means cannot be corrected better than 20/200.

He can see, but it is fuzzy as he has an eye condition(s) (e.g. keratoconus) that prevents his eyes from being corrected.

It is a common misconception and I merely wanted to ensure that everyone understands what it means.

*Kirk "Zombie Eye" Freeman (I read so many eye mags during my ALK surgery for my left eye that I am half way to becoming a professor of ophthalmology).

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Would you deny my blind friend his sword as well?

[video=youtube;p7aigA4gPiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7aigA4gPiw[/video]

Good luck! ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I went shooting with a boss that was legally blind after he bought a pistol.

I've seen worse shooters.

Top Bottom