• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Really don't understand why RK is worried about it. You still have to pass the background check before you can leave the store with it. ATF needs to find the people doing the buying and selling, they got their info or the 4473 would not go through. That is why we have this system, Right?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No, the LGS are doing so on their own. Very few people, perhaps excepting pure Libertarians who want to demonstrate how bad *** they are to earn libertarian starburst points, want to willingly arm murderers.

Kirk, you are neglecting the other side of the coin. I, for one, believe that no free person should have his or her rights abridged in any way. On the other hand, I believe that anyone too dangerous to be trusted with ALL of their rights should be roaming free.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Really don't understand why RK is worried about it. You still have to pass the background check before you can leave the store with it. ATF needs to find the people doing the buying and selling, they got their info or the 4473 would not go through. That is why we have this system, Right?

My guess is they get someone with a clean record to buy the gun.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    On another note, I was in another local gun shop today.
    The owner told me something of interest.
    He's only been in the gun business for about 3 years, but he said if someone lists Illinois as their place of birth, they get delayed EVERY time!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Stopped in at the Marion RK to buy a holster I'd been eyeing for a few days. Asked the guy behind the counter if I could checkout a similar gun to test fit it. He pulled the gun out of the case,unlocked the trigger lock (oh my) and proceeded to hand me the gun after a safety check. I asked if it was normal to let people coonfinger a gun without a safety lock? His answer, Yes, long as there's not too many customers waiting and they seem to be a proper person. After checking out the gun for proper holster fit I asked about their gun purchase method with a IN ID. They require only a In ID to purchase Not a In DL so it must be a local thing,not corporate. YMMV. I will say that the guy who waited on me was older and wanted to talk with anyone who would listen.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    On another note, I was in another local gun shop today.
    The owner told me something of interest.
    He's only been in the gun business for about 3 years, but he said if someone lists Illinois as their place of birth, they get delayed EVERY time!

My wife was born in Il and has never been delayed.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I have a relative who cannot drive due to a medical condition so he has never had a DL, and never will. State ID is all he has so he'd have to purchase elsewhere. (not an issue as he'll never own a gun so it is moot)

Buying a gun might be moot but I know he's also had issues buying a car. (owns car for others to drive him, he doesn't even know how to drive) Honda could not lease him a car because of having no drivers license, so they ended up at Ford where they had no issues at all leasing him a car. They don't like Fords but they will own what they cat get!

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    ...until the ATF leans on the LGS and "suggests" that they change their policy to "fix the problem", too.
    Rural king has a very "zealous" consulting firm working for them to try to keep them out of trouble with the Feds. It is more than likely they who do the leaning.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Rural king has a very "zealous" consulting firm working for them to try to keep them out of trouble with the Feds. It is more than likely they who do the leaning.

They respond with zealous adherence to the suggestion rather than telling the ATF agent to "go pound sand, guns are not the problem" as I most likely would.

Their choice.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I hate to say it but the problem IS guns, the guns the prosecutors, police and judges ignore, everytime a gang banger, dealer or whatever gets busted they need to turn them over to the feds and have these jerks prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We already have prohibited person laws, straw purchase laws and other federal laws that give people the big hammer of federal prison. Stop 'cutting breaks' and turn them over to the feds already

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I hate to say it but the problem IS guns, the guns the prosecutors, police and judges ignore, everytime a gang banger, dealer or whatever gets busted they need to turn them over to the feds and have these jerks prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We already have prohibited person laws, straw purchase laws and other federal laws that give people the big hammer of federal prison. Stop 'cutting breaks' and turn them over to the feds already

It's unfortunate but if you have ever worked with the Feds you'd know that they rarely prosecute gun crimes, especially if there is a State law that closely mirrors the Federal statue. Their attitude is let the locals deal with it, it's as if they don't want to be bothered with the "small time" criminal.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sounds to me more like local prosecutors, police and judges ignoring the crimes of criminals is the problem.

Quit asking for a distant centralized government to come deal with local problems, hold locals accountable to doing that.

Why would I want any federal gun laws?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sounds to me more like local prosecutors, police and judges ignoring the crimes of criminals is the problem.

Quit asking for a distant centralized government to come deal with local problems, hold locals accountable to doing that.

Why would I want any federal gun laws?

What state gun crime was the gang banger that bought the AK at Bradis committing? What state gun laws are the guys from Chicago buying duffel bags full of guns at Lafayette gun shops and gun shows committing?

What do you expect the Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney to do about the Lafayette gun running to the gangs?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What state gun crime was the gang banger that bought the AK at Bradis committing?

Buying a gun? Why would there be a law prohibiting that?

What state gun laws are the guys from Chicago buying duffel bags full of guns at Lafayette gun shops and gun shows committing?

Buying duffel bags full of guns? Why would there be a law prohibiting that?

What do you expect the Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney to do about the Lafayette gun running to the gangs?

Transporting guns beyond Tippecanoe County? Why would there be a law prohibiting that?

Why would I expect the Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney to do anything about that?

Are you trying to be funny? I'm obviously still missing your jokes and might need them explained. :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, you want nothing done?

If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao . . .

If you think that doing nothing about criminal gunrunning is the best answer, you are going to lose that argument politically.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, you want nothing done?

If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao . . .

If you think that doing nothing about criminal gunrunning is the best answer, you are going to lose that argument politically.

Tell me, what's it like to lose an argument? :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tell me, what's it like to lose an argument? :):

You are not arguing, you are simply attempting to make libertarian starwood points.

The notion that .gov does not have a interest in disrupting the supply of guns to criminal gangs is a loser from the jump off.

A community regulates itself or regulations are imposed from the outside. Rural King's decision is understandable.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You are not arguing, you are simply attempting to make libertarian starwood points.

The notion that .gov does not have a interest in disrupting the supply of guns to criminal gangs is a loser from the jump off.

A community regulates itself or regulations are imposed from the outside. Rural King's decision is understandable.

My notion is only a loser politically. Government interest in controlling and regulating everything we allow will always beat notions of independence and accountable liberty politically.

What does it feel like to lose a real argument, though, that's what I'm asking you to describe for me. ;)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My notion is only a loser politically. Government interest in controlling and regulating everything we allow will always beat notions of independence and accountable liberty politically.

What does it feel like to lose a real argument, though, that's what I'm asking you to describe for me. ;)

I award you 10 libertarian starwood points.

Achievement unlocked. You are now at the Nick Gillespie level. Your leather jacket is on the way from the office of Reason.

Top Bottom