• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I really wouldn't care. I have a Curio and Relic FFL (FFL-03 collector's license), When I first obtained it I had to copy the Local PD. I personally delivered it to the Chief of police. He discussed it with me and said it was the first one he had ever seen and asked what he should do with it. I informed him it was a Fed law and didn't require any action unless he objected to me collecting firearms. I think he just filed it in the bottom basket. I had to repeat copying him when I renewed the license. I just gave it to the clerk that time.

As I am a law abiding citizen and have INGO sticker on my vehicle and NRA stickers exposed, I am sure anyone that looks will figure I own firearms. However I really doubt RK calls the police when they sell a firearm other than the examples noted above of Federal requirements.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    probably some kid that's in the junior cop academy that has the notion he's helping out. We have some of these young lads running around everywhere.[/QUOTE]

What is a " junior cop academy " ?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    [/QUOTE]

What is a " junior cop academy " ?[/QUOTE]
    It's where young dudes go to get cool fade hair cuts and learn all the particulars of working the gun counter at rural king.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    probably some kid that's in the junior cop academy that has the notion he's helping out. We have some of these young lads running around everywhere.

What is a " junior cop academy " ?[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm a mouthpiece but I believe it was half sarcastic. They have junior police clubs and such around, they also have police and gun shop "hang arounds" some are young impressionable kids others are older and several think they are the smartest person in the room. Other female variety are usually looking for a daddy (on the police side)

We called them Holster Sniffers in the USAF

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Graduation from "junior cop academy" is a prerequisite for entering the INGO School of Law Enforcement. Both curriculums are based entirely upon false rumor and subject to change at any time. The next step is The Street Corner Law Degree. All classes are conducted at the corner bar............... Or so I've heard!

Disposable84

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    Palmyra
    I bought a Ruger 9E and a box of ammo .. all they did was walk me out of the store. The clerk didn't know how to use the gun lock so he just used it to lock the case.. you could still open the case and get the gun.

Standard background check but no notification of the local fuzz that i know of.

As for Mrs. Disposable84 .. this was a present for her... oddly at her request.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I walked by the gun counter of a rural king as the sells guy informed the lady she had to pay for her background check, when did gun dealers start charging for background checks? This was in Leesburg Florida and I seen it first hand so not some BS rumor.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Hey Smiller i saw that your location is the kitchen, who let you out. Im pretty sure there is a law about charging for the NICS back ground check i used to sell guns a few years back a dicks sporting goods and ive never heard of such a thing.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I walked by the gun counter of a rural king as the sells guy informed the lady she had to pay for her background check, when did gun dealers start charging for background checks? This was in Leesburg Florida and I seen it first hand so not some BS rumor.

Maybe they just charge so if the person buying the gun gets declined the store still gets something for the time spent.

No idea tho... just guessing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Isn`t it illegal to keep a list of gun purchasers? Doesn`t the ATF have to destroy their lists after a prescribed period? Otherwise, it`s a registration list suitable for confiscating.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Just had a talk with a guy who was told by a guy that when you purchase a gun from Rural King that they alert the police of your purchase. I find that hard to believe has anyone else heard of such a thing? Keep in mind I heard it from a guy who heard it well you know how it goes.
    Guy that told you this didn't tell you about the cougars and wolves a buddy of a buddy saw did he?

Top Bottom