• ...and so much more!
  • 00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    Did anyone stop by Rual King today?

They had a promotion 15% off anything that would fit inside a Rual King 5 gal bucket. I picked up an new S&W shield 9mm out the door w/tax for $372.

I had no idea the sale was going on just happened to stop by for the free popcorn and couldn't resist buying the shield.

The Rural king I was at was packed. They had sold 13 pistols by 12:30pm.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    Martinsville, I figured I was the only one that didn't know about it based on the amount of people at the gun counter. I admit this is first time I ever bought a S&W in a bucket before.:): The bucket cost 2.99 but had a 2.99 rebate, I was actually needing a new water bucket anyway:yesway:

I really did not need the shield but I had just left Bradis and they said they were only expecting one 9mm shield and it was already spoken for at $409 before tax.

Its a good thing I only had $400 cash because there was a Ruger Vaquero that I would have liked to have taken home.

I know it didn't happen without photos so here is one, LOL

86577C64-739D-4D26-BAC1-71B4A81D2A58-1660-000001A4BCB34E0F_zps11cfefbf.jpg

Last edited:

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    .452 browning thank you!! That was a good deal for me. I had been thinking about buying one for awhile and when you told me the price I had to get it.

I can attest that .452 Browning had his hands full yesterday but kept his cool even through the odd questions from customers:yesway:.

Thought I would give Rual King a plug. I will be buying more than feed there from now on.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    .452 browning thank you!! That was a good deal for me. I had been thinking about buying one for awhile and when you told me the price I had to get it.

I can attest that .452 Browning had his hands full yesterday but kept his cool even through the odd questions from customers:yesway:.

Thought I would give Rual King a plug. I will be buying more than feed there from now on.

Glad your happy with it. I could tell just by the way you looked into the corner case you were interested in the shield before you said anything. Still got one 9mm shield and one .40 shield.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I don't think I've ever seen the gun counter at the Martinsville RK empty. No matter what time of day, there always seems to be two or three people hanging around. I always swing by to see what they have for ammo and take a quick look at the guns, but being a casual shopper not really in the market for anything, I rarely stop to chat. I don't want to be in the way.

The Wamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Martinsville
    Picked up a couple of boxes of rio royal shotshells on no sales tax Saturday for like 11 bucks - .75 rebate... Not too shabby. Starting to build a pile of those rio royals, lol

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's pretty cool, OP. I guess the gun scare/shortage must finally be over. I was in our Orcsheln store on Saturday and they even had boxes of 9mm and 45ACP setting on the shelves--something I hadn't seen in months.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rural King has free :popcorn: Just sayin'. :):

I grabbed some the only time I'd stopped at the one in Bloomington. What they don't tell you is that they pop it seasoning-free...sadly, I an otherwise perfectly good bag of popcorn was relegated to bird feed. :(

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm suprised they allow the bucket discount on firearms.

Yah, I was too....UNTIL I opened their sales flyer today and they were TELLING people to do it lol. Slug guns are also 15% off too.

I looked at ammo and stuff...but couldn't bring myself to buy any today. I shook my head when ALL of their 8 dollar per 50 .22LR boxes were GONE...shelf was full Thursday of it. Lots of .22 shorts left, though(Columbus RK) I want a 870...but they specifically said slug gun...so I walked away.

Buckets are 2.50 btw....dirt cheap.

Rural King is quickly becoming my favorite store in Columbus.

Top Bottom