• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    RGB “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is in office.”

Then she should have retired while Obama was in office instead of waiting for the first female president (Hillary) to appoint her replacement.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And do you think that this will be "average" in any way?

Oh God NO! But the pressure is going to be extremely intense.

But, Bush did get Roberts done in 19 days. He'll try.

The thing I wonder about is IF Trump doesn't get someone nominated before the election how motivated will, overall, both bases be to get out the vote? I see the conservatives being extremely motivated. I see some of the liberals being extremely motivated, but not as much. Of course I am applying my own preconceived notions that could be entirely right or wrong. I don't know. But if I am correct then it almost guarantees a reelection for Trump.

Regards,

Doug

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure President Trump will go ahead and make the appointment and push for confirmation if for nothing else just to hear the screams. For the right consideration Senator McConnell will probably get the job done. It will raise the unpleasant level in many parts of the country by an order of magnitude.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I figure President Trump will go ahead and make the appointment and push for confirmation if for nothing else just to hear the screams. For the right consideration Senator McConnell will probably get the job done. It will raise the unpleasant level in many parts of the country by an order of magnitude.

I am ready. Bring on the screaming and crying. The lamentations of the woman.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yep. I think Trump realizes a lot of people voted for him in 2016 because of the openings in the courts. It fired the republicans up to keep Hillary from choosing judges. I think he’ll appoint someone just to hear the left freak out and fire up his voting base so we get the seat we’ve been waiting on. 2020 just turned into an even more important election than it already was. We all knew it was coming, it’s a blessing it happened before the election so people who forgot get motivated and vote.

Also, RIP RGB. Even if I disagreed with her politically, I don’t believe she ruled on anything maliciously. I think she used her heart for her decisions, and I wish she could’ve enjoyed her final years with her family and not worrying about politics. Life is the most valuable resource we have.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes, the pres should nominate Barret next week. It will set the libs hair on fire even worse than it is now, on top of making RINO senators accountable.

Murkowski, Collins, Romney, ...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yep. I think Trump realizes a lot of people voted for him in 2016 because of the openings in the courts. It fired the republicans up to keep Hillary from choosing judges. I think he’ll appoint someone just to hear the left freak out and fire up his voting base so we get the seat we’ve been waiting on. 2020 just turned into an even more important election than it already was. We all knew it was coming, it’s a blessing it happened before the election so people who forgot get motivated and vote.

Also, RIP RGB. Even if I disagreed with her politically, I don’t believe she ruled on anything maliciously. I think she used her heart for her decisions, and I wish she could’ve enjoyed her final years with her family and not worrying about politics. Life is the most valuable resource we have.

Power at the dc level must be some sort of strong drug. You see so many people spending their last bits of time on earth trying to hold on to that power.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom