• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I've got the hots for one of these but they seem to be hard to find. Does anybody else have one? What do you think of it and how does it shoot?

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    My girlfreind does. I won't be buying one. .357 mag doesn't impress me anymore. and reloading .357mag with moonclips is a chore. if you want a game gun the 610/625 make a better choice in my opinion.

as a carry/trail/truck/range toy gun. its fine, holsters selection is limited. factory sights are disapointging ( too much forward to rear play)

My girlfriends 5" cam with a very nasty burr on the end of the barrel, and one of the cylinders is relieved too much ( light primer trikes sometimes)

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    That doesn't sound like S&W quality does it. I don't need another carry gun, I just want a wheel gun in 357 mag. I've got 38,41 and 44 wheel guns, but sold off my 357's years ago. I was thinking the Pro Series would be top of the line quality but I guess not.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Any S&W Pro Series will have a slightly better trigger than normal factory production. Also, some of them have trigger and hammers that are forged instead of MIM along with trigger stops and easily replaceable front sights. Don't get me wrong, all of these are improvements over the normal factory line, but not necessarily enough to justify the cost.

The 627s are great, but my 2 cents is that if you're looking for 357 in Smith, try a 686 in the barrel length of your choosing.

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    Somebody had one for sale not too long ago on ingo, look back in the threads and see if you can find it. From what I remember, he was somewhere in the middle of the state.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Any S&W Pro Series will have a slightly better trigger than normal factory production. Also, some of them have trigger and hammers that are forged instead of MIM along with trigger stops and easily replaceable front sights. Don't get me wrong, all of these are improvements over the normal factory line, but not necessarily enough to justify the cost.

The 627s are great, but my 2 cents is that if you're looking for 357 in Smith, try a 686 in the barrel length of your choosing.

I have always been a S&W fan and was looking at the 686/686+ when I read the stats on the 627. I guess I'll go back to looking at the 686, I might even take a look at a GP100. :dunno: Thanks for your thoughts.

Top Bottom