• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nirvanacarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    i have a gen4 g17. works great. never had an issue that ppl talked about with the spring and light ammo. i literally cant make it jam. try limp wristing to induce a failure and still works. as others stated. feel it and see what u want/

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    I personally own 2 glock 19's and I love them. Great shooters and extremely dependable. As for concealed carry they probably arent the best because they are larger guns. But if you are wanting to holster one I would go with the glock 19. The most dependable guns on the market. I trust my life with them

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    The glock 19 blows the M&P out of the water. It is more reliable and shoots better than the M&P. The Smith's are bragging about torture tests of 50 to 60 thousand rounds while the glocks are going several hundred thousand round torture tests. That is just a no brainer to me. I own several glocks and I am biased to them only because they are the best all around pistols out there. You cannot and will not go wrong with a glock purchase. I own two Gen3 Glock 19's and they are like my children. But they never act up.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    The glock 19 blows the M&P out of the water. It is more reliable and shoots better than the M&P. The Smith's are bragging about torture tests of 50 to 60 thousand rounds while the glocks are going several hundred thousand round torture tests. That is just a no brainer to me. I own several glocks and I am biased to them only because they are the best all around pistols out there. You cannot and will not go wrong with a glock purchase. I own two Gen3 Glock 19's and they are like my children. But they never act up.
    :scratch: :orly: :dunno:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I bought my son the M&P 9c. I had heard that there were some issues with front sites drifting. But I liked the gun.

After we shot it a bit the front site started drifting over. S&W was good and they took it back and "fixed" it. He took it out and shot it a bit more and the site is drifting. S&W was great and they are taking it back to possibly replace the slide.

Pros - S&W has a great warranty program.
    Cons - I have needed the S&W warranty program twice for the same issue.

Kind of kidding.

I love the gun. I love the ergos. If it wasn't for the site problem, I would have zero issues or complaints. Any gun can have an issue but this one seems to be something that was a problem on these guns. I don't know if they have fixed the issue as a whole yet. So it's just something to consider. Just another piece of the purchase puzzle.

As far as Glocks - I don't have one and cannot comment other than to say they are Fugly. hahaha. Sorry Glock guys. You know I am only kidding.

G.ninO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    both are great guns. You need to handle both of them and if u have a chance, shoot both and maybe that will help. but u cant go wrong. i have a mp40 and love it...

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Shooting-wise, how do you like the M&P 9c versus the full size M&P9?

The 9c shoots amazingly well! So far, it is as accurate as my FS (4.25"), except it seems quicker to target, probably because the shorter sight radius (and probably also because mine has the big yellow glow sights). The biggest difference is slightly more recoil on the 9c, however, nowhere near the recoil of other compacts like the XD9SC.

Bottom line, my M&P9C is a joy to shoot, and as accurate as all my favorite full size pistols (PPQ, 92FS, PX4, P95, etc.).

People say the trigger is gritty, but it isn't really like that. It is only gritty when the gun is not cocked and you squeeze the trigger that it feels gritty, because you feel trigger bar gliding over the striker safety, while the striker is forward. Cock it first and there is only the super clean break, no grit. It is true that the reset is not defined, but that has never once caused a problem for me on the range, or double tapping steel.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    The 9c shoots amazingly well! So far, it is as accurate as my FS (4.25"), except it seems quicker to target, probably because the shorter sight radius (and probably also because mine has the big yellow glow sights). The biggest difference is slightly more recoil on the 9c, however, nowhere near the recoil of other compacts like the XD9SC.

Bottom line, my M&P9C is a joy to shoot, and as accurate as all my favorite full size pistols (PPQ, 92FS, PX4, P95, etc.) . . .

Agreed! . . . I was on the fence on the 9 vs 9c. But considering that the gun was to be EDC, I bought the 9c.

G.ninO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    I have a m&p 40s&w and I had a g22, out of the two like my m&p better. It just at least in my hands feels like it fits like a glove.. I recommend shooting both. Then make a decision. Can't go wrong with those 2. Save up and get both.. : )

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I have carried and shot both, really like both. I currently have a G19 as my edc, but wouldn't have any problems with switching back to the M&P.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Why not the M&P 9 vs the Glock 19
    These are comparable pistols. Both seem good. the Glock Gen 4 felt great in my hands. Testing out the M&P soon. (maybe tomorrow at OpenRange in Lousiville).
    I plan on getting one or the other.

Top Bottom