• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Not sure where you are located, but you're more then welcome to meet me at a local range and you can try out my M&P 9mm. I had tried both before I bought, M&P is the way to go in my opinion

JMYoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Plainfield
    A friend, who would vote Glock says his M&P rattles when the mag is more than half full. Has anyone else heard this? Quite with 8 rounds or less, but an audible rattle above 8. Isolated incident or Quality control?

JMYoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Plainfield
    Good, I am leaning toward M&P and I have not heard a bad thing about them. That is except for the mag prices vs Glock mag prices.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I swore away from plastic pistols forever after I got rid of my G19 a few years ago. My lady friend and I went up to Applied Ballistics today and I got to shoot a M&P .45, and I'm afraid my Springfield 1911 may end up being a range gun.

I seriously can not say enough good things about it, I have never shot a handgun so well in such a short period of time.

YMMV.

ETA: Trigger blew, but I was expecting it. I've read really good things about Apex parts on Brian Eno's website, but I'll probably try my hand at stoning it first if I end up with one.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    ive only dry fired the M&P and it felt ok, better than my XD, i recently fired a G22, which was my first glock experience (i think), this glock had some springs changed so it wasnt stock but the length of pull was short and so was the reset, made for quick follow up shots, i actually shot it better than my 1911. I loved it and am now dead set on getting a G17. I sold my XD because i hated the long spongy trigger and didnt want to deal with sending it out for a trigger job. Firing them all would be the best thing, for me, hating the trigger was enough to not want the gun, but a lot of people like them so its just subjective.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Both are a little bulky for IWB carry...but for me the Glock seemed a little more bearable. Like someone else said the G19 is the best of both worlds...roughly same capacity, and easier carry.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've owned both. I prefer the M&P, but you'd be well served by either one. Try them both and see which fits you best.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    A friend, who would vote Glock says his M&P rattles when the mag is more than half full. Has anyone else heard this? Quite with 8 rounds or less, but an audible rattle above 8. Isolated incident or Quality control?

When mine was rattling, I pulled out the mag and it looked like the top round had creeped forward just a bit. When I pushed it back, it stopped rattling.

Dave00c5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    South Bend
    I've owned my glocks for several years and shoot them regularly. Can't beat their reliability however i held a M&P 40 cal the other day and it felt quite good.

Top Bottom