• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Sportsman's Warehouse has them for $599.

www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/modern-sporting-rifles/smith-wesson-mp-fpc-9mm-luger-1625in-black-anodized-semi-automatic-modern-sporting-rifle-231-rounds/p/1805645

Total was $656 with tax and an FFL fee.

It's a pre order, they state they will ship in 2nd week of March.
    Thanks for the link! Just ordered one. I used to own a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and wasn't happy with the overall cheap feel of it, and the fact that you need a special flip mount for optics because of the way it folds end over end instead of sideways. The cheap trigger components and plastic feed ramp (!) didn't help, either. Plus, I mean...it says "Kel-Tec" right on it. :):

I'm really exicted about getting this new FPC. The folding aspect is just the cherry on top, I would have ordered one even if it was a non-folding carbine. I much prefer a pistol caliber carbine that takes mags in the grip, rather than a separate magwell in front of the trigger group, to keep the gun more compact. M&P is my platform home defense/truck gun, so I already have a bucket of mags for it. If I like this thing as much as I think I will, I'll be re-homing a lightly used Ruger PC Carbine.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    How cool would it be if S&W came out with replacement latches? I have a bunch of OEM Beretta 30 round mags that would be fun to use.
    The grip/mag well appears to be the same as an M&P compact. Any solution for using Beretta mags for the FPC would probably work for M&P pistols also?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The grip/mag well appears to be the same as an M&P compact. Any solution for using Beretta mags for the FPC would probably work for M&P pistols also?
    Best solution is probably to remove the M&P carbine from the box it came in and install one of these:

CX4.PNG

As the smart little girl always says...

why-not-both-why-not.gif

:)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hoping they bring out the 10mm version.

$800 in stock

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Hoping they bring out the 10mm version.

$800 in stock
    That's almost $150 over MSRP. I paid just under MSRP including taxes. I'll owe the FFL fee ($35) when it gets delivered.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow, you guys don't mess around! I am looking forward to your range reports! Please let us know. I won't be buying one but if I cave, it will be later on, lol.

I have an extra red dot I was thinking of putting on my 1911 or one of my revolvers. I'll just let it sit for a bit...:whistle:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well at least someone finally got the weight right on a PCC. (other then Beretta)

5 pounds unloaded. 0.6 pounds less then the Beretta. 1.6 less then the Henry Homesteader, and two pounds less then the Ruger pig.

M1 Carbine is 5.2 pounds, so someone finally beat the old M1.

The front rail is however to chonky and hideous. And it needs built in iron sights. I am not sure the eye relief would be right if you tried to use BUIS from ARs on it.

Everytime I think about getting a PCC, I think... ohh wait, I have an M1 Carbine that weighs 5.2 pounds, takes 30 round mags, fits a bayonet, has really easy to use iron sights, and fires a cartridge that far outclasses even 10mm

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well at least someone finally got the weight right on a PCC. (other then Beretta)

5 pounds unloaded. 0.6 pounds less then the Beretta. 1.6 less then the Henry Homesteader, and two pounds less then the Ruger pig.

The front rail is however to chonky and hideous. And it needs built in iron sights. I am not sure the eye relief would be right if you tried to use BUIS from ARs on it.

Everytime I think about getting a PCC, I think... ohh wait, I have an M1 Carbine that weighs 5.2 pounds, takes 30 round mags, fits a bayonet, has really easy to use iron sights, and fires a cartridge that far outclasses even 10mm
    Can you get decent deals on 30 Carbine ammo? I have a M1 Carbine and love to shoot it, but ammo is my issue.

Well that and my old eyes don't play well with peep sights anymore.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Sounds awesome! Know where I can get an M1 carbine for $599 or so?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Can you get decent deals on 30 Carbine ammo? I have a M1 Carbine and love to shoot it, but ammo is my issue.

Well that and my old eyes don't play well with peep sights anymore.
    Yeah its got expensive as the ammo makers sacrafice the odd calibers to focus on the core ones.

Thankfully I already have a M1 Carbine (which I got when they were reasonable), and lots and lots of Ammo, when it was under $25 for 50.

30 Carbine will come back to normal as ammo prices are still settling.

Top Bottom