Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hoping they bring out the 10mm version.

$800 in stock
    Yes!

I have a couple PCCs, and all of them are 9mm.
    Yet, I carry a .40 M&P

Would be nice to have a .40 PCC.
    Of course, them offering it, and me finding one is another subject.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Yes!

I have a couple PCCs, and all of them are 9mm.
    Yet, I carry a .40 M&P

Would be nice to have a .40 PCC.
    Of course, them offering it, and me finding one is another subject.
    S&W might be your best chance since they list this one as part of a "series".

Of course Hi-Point has a PC in 40.

So does TNW.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    S&W might be your best chance since they list this one as part of a "series".

Of course Hi-Point has a PC in 40.

So does TNW.

Are the ASR reliable and accurate?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't know. I've seen some positive reviews of them and considered purchasing one. They are attractive from the stand point of being able to switch the caliber.

Here is the pistol version in 10MM

Really so if I bought a 10mm I could easily switch to 9mm or 45acp etc?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Really so if I bought a 10mm I could easily switch to 9mm or 45acp etc?
    Watch the second video. 10mm & .45 share a trigger housing and 9mm & .40 share one IIRC. It's a modular setup, kind of the Transformers of the PCC market.

They have extended hand guards, better triggers and other accessories on the TNW site.

They sell them in multi-caliber kits:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Watch the second video. 10mm & .45 share a trigger housing and 9mm & .40 share one IIRC. It's a modular setup, kind of the Transformers of the PCC market.

They have extended hand guards, better triggers and other accessories on the TNW site.

They sell them in multi-caliber kits:

I'm getting tired of waiting for Aero Precision, Ruger, S&W etc to make one. I'm going to research these.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm still kinda liking it.

I sold all my AR15's a few years ago and then built one up again because, you know, everyone should have one.

Thing is, I hardly shoot it, mostly due to ammo costs. I like it okay, but it's not doing me much good sitting in my safe.

And as far as a SHTF situation, the FPC might even be better than the AR15.

Now I'm thinking of selling that one and using the funds to buy a FPC.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Given that my primary pistol is a M&P 2.0 Compact, this would be a nice addition! Too bad I'm not buying anymore guns. Stay strong, Greg!
    Ditto, Greg... ditto! :)

I had one in my cart at PSA but went to look at their price on the M&P version of the Keltec. That 5 minutes took it out of stock.
    Dangit! I hate it when that happens!
    What a world we live in that a historic manufacturer has to try to copy Keltec.
    I've never been a fan of the SUB2000... the FPC, even with couple shoulda done it better fails (the bolt release and the funkiness of the mag carriers) has me interested. That I'm already invested in the M&P 2.0 9C and mags... gravy.

Solves the optics mounting problem and fits in a standard bag.
    ==============================================
    This reviewer gets into the details of the issues with the release and the mag carrier.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ditto, Greg... ditto! :)

Dangit! I hate it when that happens!

I've never been a fan of the SUB2000... the FPC, even with couple shoulda done it better fails (the bolt release and the funkiness of the mag carriers) has me interested. That I'm already invested in the M&P 2.0 9C and mags... gravy.

Solves the optics mounting problem and fits in a standard bag.
    ==============================================
    This reviewer gets into the details of the issues with the release and the mag carrier.

Sleeves on the mags don't bother me. I leave them off my 17 rounders now. Never had an issue with over insertion in my M&P
    Release is a non-issue. I will slingshot it
    Mag carrier will be used when backpacking or SHTF. At the range I'll use my current mag holders
    Safety will probably stay disengaged

Is it perfection? Definitely not. But neither am I perfect.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Re the spare mag release. I noted after watching a couple reviews some folk were trying to pull down the left side to release the left mag and said it was difficult, same for the right. But then i saw another review where they pressed up on one side to release the opposite mag, way easier.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Re the spare mag release. I noted after watching a couple reviews some folk were trying to pull down the left side to release the left mag and said it was difficult, same for the right. But then i saw another review where they pressed up on one side to release the opposite mag, way easier.
    I forgot which 1 i watched, but they were very detailed about the release..opposite button for each mag.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Possibly a stupid question buy seeing as it uses the m&p 2.0 trigger out of the box, it should take the same aftermarket triggers the pistols use then, right? Or could there be a reason it wouldn't be identical enough to share aftermarket options?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Possibly a stupid question buy seeing as it uses the m&p 2.0 trigger out of the box, it should take the same aftermarket triggers the pistols use then, right? Or could there be a reason it wouldn't be identical enough to share aftermarket options?
    I'm betting that it does, that would make the most economic sense for S&W to use the same trigger group. Mine won't see aftermarket trigger parts, though, as its intended use may potentially be self-defense.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm thinking since it's not striker fired, it won't be the same trigger set up. Maybe the trigger blade, but I bet up inside it's different.

Top Bottom