• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    so if I were going to pick up one of these, what would you all think of that? I haven't heard too many opinions on the Pro Series. To me it looks like a decent pistol for some competition shooting, AND it's not a Glock... Not that I am anti-Glock, but I always like to have something a little less common...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The thing that would interest me is if the trigger mechanism was any different. I fired a few different M&Ps over the weekend, and they all had mushy triggers.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I hear that the Custom Shop puts good triggers in the Pro Series. I have yet to personally experience this, but I agree with you on the mushy triggers on the standard models. Really, it'll be the trigger that sells the gun for me.

crazyboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    south side indianapolis
    My buddy has one and i LOVE IT shoots very nice lines up and the 9 has hardly any recoil then again its hard to put it up against the glock 34 mmmmmmm glock 34 sorry i just slobbered on my self. I just put a red fiber optic on my buddy's 34 and man quick and smooth.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Well I could tell you about my great experience with the M&P9 Pro Series, or I could just point you to an article written by Massad Ayoob. If you don't want to read the whole article, it can be summed up by saying that he beat his all-tme best IDPA scores the very first time he shot the gun. That is saying a lot since he doesn't practice as much as when he was shooting competitively.

GUNS Magazine August 2008 Feature

As to the mushy trigger complaint... Here is what he had to say on that point.

The release is much crisper than the rather mushy trigger break of the duty M&Ps I shot when these guns first came out, and the same is true of the reset. Both release and reset are crisp enough to satisfy this long-time competitive pistol shooter.

When in doubt, ask the experts.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I like Ayoob and respect what he has to say, much to the chagrin of some I keep company with... You're right that coming from him it means a bit more than usual. My favorite dealer supposedly has one inbound for me to fondle. If it lives up to my expectations, it'll be coming home with me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I saw Mas Ayoob several times this weekend. If I'd known, I'd could have gotten his autograph for you!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My Father had an m&p 9 pro. I can say this the trigger is anything buy mushy. Infact I prefer it over the trigger on my Xd. They are one of the best shooting guns, I have ever had the pleasure of firing hands down. I highly reccomend them.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Both of my son's were so impressed with the M&P9 Pro Series that they each went out and got one.

My youngest son is a Marine MP and shoots expert on pistols and rifles and he could not believe the feel of the Pro Series or the tight groups he could shoot with it.

After shooting My M&P, my oldest son sold both of his Glocks to fund the purchase of a M&P357c and a M&P9 Pro Series... He has not regretted decision yet.

When you do dry fire the inbound M&P for the first time you will notice a slight graininess to the trigger. This is common and goes away after the first hundred rounds or so. Once broken in, the M&P does have an excellent trigger.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My Father has an m&p 9 pro. I can say this the trigger is anything buy mushy. Infact I prefer it over the trigger on my Xd. They are one of the best shooting guns, I have ever had the pleasure of firing hands down. I highly reccomend them.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I bought an M&P .40 Pro it is one of the best shooting pistols I own, The triger is remarkable, The felt recoil is like shooting a 9mm fit and fuction is perfect. S&W has a winner in my book, I even emailed the company and told them how impressed I was. Great gun in my book you wont be sorry.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My father bought an m&p 9mm pro. I can say one thing. It's one sexy smooth SOB. The trigger is as smooth as a babies ass. There is hardly any felt recoil. I wish my Xd had a trigger like that. Add the truglo front sight, and you have a top notch pistol. :rockwoot:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    My father bought an m&p 9mm pro. I can say one thing. It's one sexy smooth SOB. The trigger is as smooth as a babies ass. There is hardly any felt recoil. I wish my Xd had a trigger like that. Add the truglo front sight, and you have a top notch pistol. :rockwoot:

Spam a lot???? :dunno:

Sorry for the :hijack:

Top Bottom