• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    From what I've read it seems that the early models about 15 years ago were crap, and aside from getting used to the trigger pull they are a very reliable firearm.

Certainly sounds good enough to keep in my truck. ;)

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    if you are going to shoot it a lot then you will be replacing it sooner than a 92sf or a good Glock g17 or g19. the gun is a good carry gun but will not take 1000 round and still be tight. that's a fact.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For just a little more get a CZ-75. It's a superior pistol for a bargain price.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There is nothing wrong with the Sigma. I have the .40 cal and I did the "trigger job" on mine and it decreased the trigger pull dramatically (it is easily about 5 lbs now or less). Plus it only took about 10 minutes. I say go for it. I do think you can find one for cheaper though, I've seen them for as low as $200 in the classifieds which is a steal IMHO. My 9mm is a Ruger P93DC and I like it as well. They are both good guns, but the Ruger is DA/SA whereas the Sigma is DAO.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    A sigma 9VE was my first semi auto pistol. Great gun, only complaint is that you cant really buy a lot of cool accessories. Very limited on holsters, and the unique rail system is a major letdown. But personally I could hit anything with that gun and would have no problem buying another.

Mine ran 100% with any kind of ammo I could buy. I eventually sold it to buy another revolver.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I had a 40VE and the only reason I don't have it now is because I'm trying to consolidate calibers and get out of .40. Great gun, shot with no issues right out of the case. The trigger pull is long and takes some getting used to but I found the Sigma to be a very reliable gun for what I paid for it. Practice Practice Practice with that long trigger pull and you'll be in good shape.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    A buddy of mine had a 40VE. on the outside, and inside really, it looked like a newer gun. There was no wear to be seen on any of the gun. The trigger was awful. He really had a hard time shooting it good because of it. After owning it (bought it used) for almost a year it began to stovepipe and double feed at least twice a mag. Something was seriously wrong with it. He never sent it to a smith or anything to find out the problem. He traded it in on a G22 and never looked back.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I had a 40VE and the only reason I don't have it now is because I'm trying to consolidate calibers and get out of .40.

Yeah, I've had a few people try to talk me into getting the .40 cal., but like you, I've been trying to get myself down to about 2 or 3 calibers max to save on ammo prices. I've already got a 9mm, so it just makes sense to stay with it. Plus they're still about the cheapest centerfire's you're going to find.

On another note, I did go and check the Sigma 9 out today. Felt good in my hand, had decent sights, and it's a good price I think. But man, that trigger is grainy as all get out. Don't know if I could get used to it or not. I'm used to the long trigger pulls from my LCP, and LC9, but they are not grainy. That may be it's biggest hangup.

Once again, I appreciate all of the suggestions! :yesway:

khh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    hernando ct.fl.
    its the same with what ever you purchase YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.If you want a hand gun you can depend on,that is quality you pay the price.If you are satisfied with run of the mill there are many good also mid quality hand guns.Just pick your maker and check there record on the model you choice, it ain't rocket science. I shot a sig 229 in 22lr and 40 sw and reload the 40 sw.have owned many different makes and in my estimation my sig is the best i have ever purchased because out of the box it needs nothing to make it better for me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom