• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Reminds me of a joke, that I can only share the punchline, "If the whiskey doesn't get the taste out of my mouth, the beer won't, either."

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I found them on F.B. No mention of anything there.

But we still are in the "Trump Slump" I think. Manufacturers are slowing down compared to what they used to make.

IIRC, the shop in question opened up before the 2016 election. Starting a business in a popular market is pretty easy. Keeping one going in when business slows down is tougher.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I found them on F.B. No mention of anything there.

But we still are in the "Trump Slump" I think. Manufacturers are slowing down compared to what they used to make.

IIRC, the shop in question opened up before the 2016 election. Starting a business in a popular market is pretty easy. Keeping one going in when business slows down is tougher.

Especially where located. We drive through New Carlisle to South Bend and have never seen signs for the store. Then again New Carlisle is a very small town.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This thread has its ups and downs. Wow.

Its never good any time a gun range/ gun store closes its doors, if you truly support the 2A that is. Never got the “eh, don’t know them so don’t care” mentality. We’re in this together, if one ally goes out of business that’s a piece of our heritage, another deal we might not ever get now going out of business. Like BT said, people aren’t buying at the rates they were before Trump, smaller stores are suffering because of this. This may not matter to some now, but rest assured there will be a time when the left holds office again and these small businesses will be missed dearly. We need to do our part in supporting LGS, so we can keep them around even when we don’t necessarily “need” them at the moment.

Sometimes we are are our own worst enemies.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Especially where located. We drive through New Carlisle to South Bend and have never seen signs for the store. Then again New Carlisle is a very small town.

I think only this summer did I see a sign on Main street,[STRIKE] just as you came into the town proper. Pointed south along one of those streets near the park.[/STRIKE]

EDIT: Way off. must been near the CVS pointing north. but that's not what my foggy memory recalls.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This thread has its ups and downs. Wow.

Its never good any time a gun range/ gun store closes its doors, if you truly support the 2A that is. Never got the “eh, don’t know them so don’t care” mentality. We’re in this together, if one ally goes out of business that’s a piece of our heritage, another deal we might not ever get now going out of business. Like BT said, people aren’t buying at the rates they were before Trump, smaller stores are suffering because of this. This may not matter to some now, but rest assured there will be a time when the left holds office again and these small businesses will be missed dearly. We need to do our part in supporting LGS, so we can keep them around even when we don’t necessarily “need” them at the moment.

Sometimes we are are our own worst enemies.
    While what you say is the absolute truth, just take a look at all the threads looking for the cheapest________? Your LGS unless HUGE, will probably never be the “cheapest” place to buy anything. The race to zero is well into the laps, eventually, we will eat our own and there will be nothing but internet, and then Cabelas and the other well funded big boys will be charging $50-100 for transfers because all the $20-25 guys will be gone.

Top Bottom