• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kinda figure when I sell a Captive Air hood system to a restaurant, and its over $100K, I’ll not dabble in lead scrubbers and such.

Look at the system on the east wall of Indy Arms and shoot me your estimate on installed costs. Consider the 20 ton rooftop that is et in as part of it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I think this is in the same place. I went there years ago, I think the old one started with a K, but I can't remember the name.
    I here them advertise on MNC all the time.
    May be the same one I was at. Remember a small office/ show room and the range was a Quonset hut for the range by high power wires and train tracks off county line road.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    May be the same one I was at. Remember a small office/ show room and the range was a Quonset hut for the range by high power wires and train tracks off county line road.

More than I remember.
    I know it was late and we were the only ones there. I remember the range being concrete, dimly lit, and not much air flow

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    More than I remember.
    I know it was late and we were the only ones there. I remember the range being concrete, dimly lit, and not much air flow
    I was there only once and thought this place was in the middle of nowhere and made Deb's in Hammond look like a palace.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I heard that the owner wants to dedicate more time to his law enforcement duties. He's a great guy and very commendable on his part, just to bad they couldn't fine a way to keep the store and range open at the same time. Very surprising given I heard their radio spots on MNC 95.3 earlier in the week. They also held shooting leagues throughout the week, as well as classes, and hosted the Guns and Everything Outdoor Show in the towns Event Center. Anytime we loose a firearms related shop in our state is truly a sad thing, and to state otherwise is a teachable moment.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Stopped there while going home from the Valpo show this fall. There was an accident at there at the 2 construction mess and somehow we ended up driving by.
    Wasn't overly impressed with the place, but I got a fair deal on some FNP mags that looked like they had been sitting there for eons collecting dust.
    If it were not for that accident, I really don't think I would have made the trip there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Isn't this the second range and gun shop to shut down in New Carlisle,IN. Used to be one in an old building on the northwest side of town maybe 6-8 years ago.

YES same location.
    Use to be run by Kent. Now Paul Cook.
    Yes it is a bit out of sight.
    NO body around to complain about the noise.
    I just checked my shooting record.
    I have been shooting (IDPA) I call it combat shooting for over 5 years there.
    They were the best of times.
    The backstop is the N/S RR embankment.
    The other side of the road is C.S.S. & S.B. RR and open field.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well over $1M

Over $1M is correct. In fact way over to do it correctly. I know of an indoor 25 yard range with 10 stations and storefront that cost closer to $2M to build. Then you have the land, zoning, insurance, inventory, certified RSOs for insurance. Try maintaining all of this while everyone wants to buy stuff online and complain about a $20-$30 transfer fee.

I have seen the inner workings of a retail gun business. Trust me the guys who own these shops are not getting rich and assume a fair amount of risk. Political cycles really hurt and definitely don’t help. To run a successful shop a person has to not only turn but maintain inventory while watching cash flow. Try doing that when people are going crazy one minute and then slowing their buying habits the next.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Over $1M is correct. In fact way over to do it correctly. I know of an indoor 25 yard range with 10 stations and storefront that cost closer to $2M to build. Then you have the land, zoning, insurance, inventory, certified RSOs for insurance. Try maintaining all of this while everyone wants to buy stuff online and complain about a $20-$30 transfer fee.

I have seen the inner workings of a retail gun business. Trust me the guys who own these shops are not getting rich and assume a fair amount of risk. Political cycles really hurt and definitely don’t help. To run a successful shop a person has to not only turn but maintain inventory while watching cash flow. Try doing that when people are going crazy one minute and then slowing their buying habits the next.
    I thought the LGS was there to provide me free and discounted transfers, the ability to touch and then order elsewhere, and a place to ***** about high prices and not enough inventory? Am I off base?

Top Bottom