• ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    We are spoiled
    I shoot at most of the clubs in the state on a semi regular basis. We are blessed with good stage designers and enough volunteer help to put a good match on the ground.

I try to shoot at least a couple of majors outside the state each year and out side of circus props I haven't felt unprepared for anything I've seen at those matches.

I have no idea why the matches aren't filling up,100-150 bucks is reasonable for a 10-12 stage L2 match. That price range has remained the same since I got into shooting in 2009 or so.
    No one is making any money on these matches.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We are spoiled
    I shoot at most of the clubs in the state on a semi regular basis. We are blessed with good stage designers and enough volunteer help to put a good match on the ground.

I try to shoot at least a couple of majors outside the state each year and out side of circus props I haven't felt unprepared for anything I've seen at those matches.

I have no idea why the matches aren't filling up,100-150 bucks is reasonable for a 10-12 stage L2 match. That price range has remained the same since I got into shooting in 2009 or so.
    No one is making any money on these matches.

"Reasonable" is not the same thing as "worth it to me." I don't think any of the match fees are unreasonable. I also know that it's not worth that much money to me to do that all day. I'm probably not the only one.

Fresh Kale at the grocery store for $2 per pound is reasonable. Kale is not worth $2 to me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When it's above 90 and 85 shooters show up at a 6 stage club match 20 bucks isn't worth it to me:rolleyes:

AMEN!

When it' s above 90, I won't shoot anymore even if someone paid me to be there.

send some north. we had 16 at our last match (about 1/2 our norm)

Wildcat Valley USPSA used to have about 30 shooters each month. The last match we had about 60. No one knows why!

Are there matches in Michigan or Ohio that are sapping your pool of shooters?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hang tight. We will have that last minute staff cancellation or 5. Lol

If you do not want to live in suspense, call Steve and I will volunteer to let RVB have my staff spot.

A sacrifice yes, but I am big enough to do such things for the greater good of the sport.

(But I'll be pissed if I have to pay a late entry fee.)

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yep. I was looking for a match to shoot this weekend and remembered North Porter County. They were of course already full.
    You could join the wait list, but who knows how that will end up. The problem with our club (NPCCC) is we get a huge amount of new shooters every month (compared to the other matches I shoot), and it really slows things down. We had to cap the number of shooters just to get through the day at a reasonable pace.

I am actually really surprised the October match filled up like it did, usually later in the year participation drops dramatically.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    as has been mentioned we are lucky in Indiana that we have as many active clubs as we do. all our clubs put on good fair matches. if a person is so inclined they can shoot a match every weekend. it takes effort but it can be done. all in what a person wants out of the sport.

just a couple other things to think about:

1) a 6 stage club match takes a lot of work to put on the ground. there is a lot more involved behind the scene than just setting up and tearing down. this sport is full of amazing people, help out at a club match, get to know people. it adds to the fun of it. DON't be the guy that blows in at the end of sign up, shoots the match and then leaves before anything is tore down all the while sending an email asking if the scores are up as he drives out the gate.

2) a 6 stage club match is a lot of work--- a 10 stage level 2 state championship is 10x as much work.

3) everyone has time constraints, even retired guys.

Top Bottom