• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    OK, what make is it? S&G? LaGard? Other?

Make sure you are dialing the sequence correctly. You need to make sure the dial is cleared by rotating at LEAST 4 complete turns before stopping at the first number; then depending on who the maker is you will need to pass the next number twice before stopping on it, and then pass the next number once before stopping on it.

Also, the less expensive dial combinations can lose their index by a number or two. Try a combination that is off the "correct" combination by 1 digit each way, each number. That works a surprising amount of the time.

It is possible that the relocker has been engaged, at which point you'll need to have it drilled.

It's none of those manufacturers. .. sentry has a direct entry proprietary lock of poor quality. With zero knowledge of the combination, I can manipulate this open without drilling any holes in under 45 minutes. Assuming it is a properly operating container with no mechanical issues. I really wouldn't keep anything of value in these safes.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    According to m locksmith source, there is a device that can be attached to a mechanical lock that will open it within about 24 hours. I believe he called it a "de-locker" and it is hooked to a PC. It will continue attempting to unlock it by deciphering the combination. We had a discussion about this when I thought I wanted to convert from electronic to mechanical.

That device only works on group 2 type combo locks, which this isn't, and costs between $2500 & $3000 to buy. We've seen marginal success with ours and never use it.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    CB1000rr, I bet Keymaster will take care of you, but the dialing sequence you detailed above would not work for any UL listed dial. That's why I asked if the lock itself had a brand name on it.

Your clearing procedure is ok, but with any 3 number UL Group 2 dial that I am familiar with you will HAVE to pass the second number twice before stopping on it and pass the third number once before stopping on it. And then you will have to turn the dial again until it stops.

The sentry combo locks work by means of a shaft that enters slots in three wheels. There is no drive cam... no drop in point... no 4 times left three times right 2 times left right to stop. .. He described the proper procedure for dialing this safe.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Actually, the older Sentry's could be opened with a rubber mallet. All you had to do was lay them a specific way, and rap on them.

True... because the gates made the wheels lighter on one side and by vibrating the safe the wheels all settled in the same relative position.... crude but sometimes it works.

Top Bottom