• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Non issue I think BUT if it did fly, then it would be time to define if 3 gun is a sporting use of the gun. Sue the ATF then have them gutted in 2012 to save tax money.

The FBI can do what the ATF does.

So will Saigas go for $1000 each by Monday.

I think this is "aimed" at the Chinese guns. In the past 20 years, it usually is.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Prince Law Offices

If the ATF classify this as a DD what does that mean to owner prior to the ruling will we be grandfathered in?:dunno:

If they do become DDs, does this

post-3545-12742218382509_thumb.png

become legal in Indiana?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I see the ATF's planning is working out. This is yet another attempt to get everyone riled up, so they can play the "look what this hand's doing" game. They need attention to be drawn away from themselves. People in congress are starting to look at their walking of firearms to Mexico and handing them over to the cartels. I'm surprised they haven't picked someones well armed home to raid and burn down yet. They need another Waco to draw attention away from themselves and their dealings with the cartels.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If they do become DDs, does this

post-3545-12742218382509_thumb.png

become legal in Indiana?

I have the Magpul Art of the Dynamic Shotgun. Lots of "face time" with that gun on the DVD. I SO want one of those! :D

I think that is the issue with the Saigas: In the minds of the sheep (and ultimately the ATF), they don't like the Saiga for several reasons:
    Aftermarket chopping and parts making them into essentally StreetSweepers (C'mon, honestly, take a look at your semi auto Saiga with the drum...).
    Drums, controllable recoil and slugs can tear up a police car or buckshot can mess up a mall/school on the double quick.
    Imported (automatically a hate for some in the .gov).
    Popularity, plus Imported (automatic hate by the .gov).
    Etc....

In the libtard's mind, they don't see the gun when they arrive in the US, they see it after folks hang drums on them and chop the barrels, then bumpfire on YouTube. This frightens them to no end. It's our right to do the mods and our purposes will vary but usually good. But any "tactical" mods on them, folks automatically think of their children being mowed down in mass numbers with them.

Just playing the devil's advocate, but I would imagine some Brady nut sitting there, fretting their life away worrying about a shooting that hasn't occurred using a Saiga.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The Striker was made a DD well after it had approval both for import and for manufacture here in the US. It was the capacity issue that led to it'd being made a DD. With the high cap mags available for the Saiga they could apply the same reasoning but I would think only if you owned the high cap mags. The gun by itself would be fine. You can look at ammo as a precedence for this...example, a Boyes Rifle rebarreled to 50 cal is ok, in the original .55 caliber it is a DD. However you can own the barrel without the gun and that is perfectly legal.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    So the Striker was okay technically if it had "low capacity" mags, but when you put the drum on it, no no?

At least the mags don't double as a mine like one company's idea! :D

The Striker capacity was built in, I worry more about them deciding the drum mag is a DD than making the gun itself one. That would set a very bad precedence for all hi cap mags.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Pancor! The Pancor Jackhammer, that was what I was thinking of! :D The mags had an attachment that could turn them into a "warning" or antipersonnel mine! The gun was never really sold per sae, but still cool as heck.

451_Detonics: Thank you for the correction on the StreetSweeper. :yesway:

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    This is just uncle sams way of taking away firearms from us. Ban them, one thing at a time until they are all banned. A bunch of bull****.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have a SPAS 12 and it doesn't take a magazine as someone said.:dunno:

Never said it took mags. Go back and read it again. I cited it (SPAS-12), Spas-15 and the USAS 12 as three firearms banned from import due to their lack of sporting purpose. I then cited the latter two as models that took box magazines like the Saiga.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Heck, turn the BATFE into a distributor and we'd probably balance the budget in 6 months.

Alko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Nordic countries come to mind. I dont want the government touching anything like that. You think they can regulate on a whim now? What happens when they can decide that beer should cost $12 a can, and a 10/22 should be $1200! Not to mention all the ARs and AKs that would be conveniently out of stock...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You think they can regulate on a whim now? What happens when they can decide that beer should cost $12 a can, and a 10/22 should be $1200! Not to mention all the ARs and AKs that would be conveniently out of stock...

I think what he meant was more along the lines of "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government entity..." ;)

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    i just joined this site and i am already sick to my stomach. the things the gov will do is just wrong. i just put 5 new things in my need to buy quick list in a matter of a few min's reading on hear lol.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I got to talk to a couple of the guys involved in making the rulings this year, and they said that there won't be any firearms recategorized (Saiga won't go from shotgun to destructive device). They've just compiled a list of what is and is not "acceptable" for import.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    guys, dont jump to any conclusions yet. No one knows what the ATF will announce, they can only speculate until tomorrow.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I got an email from mNew Frontier Armory New Frontier Armory - Firearm Sales, Transfers, and Consignment yesterday telling me that last Thursday BATFE banned ALL Saiga shotguns from importation :n00b: The email also explained how they were forced to raise their prices because of it :rolleyes: I think that they should be black-listed and bashed all over the web for providing such inaccurate information, but that's just me :twocents:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The LGS that has one near me is closed today (Sunday); it was marked $499 a couple of days ago. Wonder what it will be tomorrow? If it's even on display. My guess is it will either be $499 or unavailable.

Top Bottom