• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    This is all about the feds showing their authority and getting headlines for "doing work" instead of using logic. How many bangers really are going to buy these drums and then carry the things? I don't own a Saiga but this is just ridiculous.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    latest Ive found on this really isnt a ruling on anything, as much as it is a reminder on import regulations. Saigas shouldn't have a problem since they meet current requirements. BUT the Norinco 1897 Trench Gun clones will have an issue since they have a bayonet lug.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    latest Ive found on this really isnt a ruling on anything, as much as it is a reminder on import regulations. Saigas shouldn't have a problem since they meet current requirements. BUT the Norinco 1897 Trench Gun clones will have an issue since they have a bayonet lug.

QFT That's echoing what I have been reading around the web the last few days. I will be utterly shocked if BATFE adds any import restrictions today.

glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    You can still fight this, sport use isn't just for hunting. What about the three guns comps where I have seen on tv ALOT of people using siaga's. That is a sport, is it not? I watched a three gun program on I think shooting usa, on the outdoor channel. It looked sporting to me.

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    Look..the only site on the entire net that even sites this is the Prince Law blog.. (and they have some tin foil in their bloodline)
    No announcement yet... I don't think anything will come of this..

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    So any ruling???? It is late in the day. I read somewhere else that the BATFE is killing the Taurus Raging Jduge and the "trail judge"? Dunno, it came up in a search.

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    From what I've read, it seems that the BATF is going after imported shotguns with bayonet lugs on them, like the Norinco Model 97. Still kind of stupid, but I have yet to see a anything stating that Saigas are going to get restricitions.

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    Another problem would be a 18 year old can buy a siaga but cannot own a DD.:dunno:

Not true Thumper. A 18 year old can own a DD and can build them. They just can't buy one from a dealer, all title II weapons are like handguns, just with more paperwork, a $200 tax and a long wait.

For example i'm 18 and have a form 1 for a ":rockwoot:7 inch sbr:rockwoot:" at the atf right now.:D

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Not true Thumper. A 18 year old can own a DD and can build them. They just can't buy one from a dealer, all title II weapons are like handguns, just with more paperwork, a $200 tax and a long wait.

For example i'm 18 and have a form 1 for a ":rockwoot:7 inch sbr:rockwoot:" at the atf right now.:D
    I stand corrected i was under the impression you had to be 21 for any nfa weapon.:D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    no, this entire thing is about how shotguns are imported from other countries.

what we do with them once they get here doesnt count for this part.

Top Bottom