1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Then I misunderstood what I read in another article

NP. It's all good. I am a huge Note fan. I would have waited until a note 8 came out for the right fix. At least people have a stop gap or a sudo fix for what it may be worth. They are fixing the issue correctly. Or so it seems. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    NP. It's all good. I am a hugh Note fan. I would have waited until a note 8 came out for the right fix. At least people have a stop gap or a sudo fix for what it may be worth. They are fixing the issue correctly. Or so it seems. Time will tell.

Note 8 won't be for at least another year

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Thing that Samsung did to "fix" the problem was to forcefully reduce the max capacity of the battery to 60% of what it should be...hell of a fix there.

I did some searching around and that appears to be incorrect. Samsung pushed out a software update to limit charging to 60% on the recalled units as a safety precaution, but the new units are shipping out with better batteries.

Samsung Note 7 fix limits battery recharges to 60%

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Your info is miss leading/false. That is a fix for those that don't want to return there devices to be repaired properly.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/13/samsungs-note-7-software-fix-keeps-batteries-at-60-percent/

Then I misunderstood what I read in another article

NP. It's all good. I am a hugh Note fan. I would have waited until a note 8 came out for the right fix. At least people have a stop gap or a sudo fix for what it may be worth. They are fixing the issue correctly. Or so it seems. Time will tell.

I did some searching around and that appears to be incorrect. Samsung pushed out a software update to limit charging to 60% on the old units as a safety precaution, but the new units are shipping out with better batteries.

Samsung Note 7 fix limits battery recharges to 60%

1911ly beat you to the punch... :P

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    By note 8, I meant the version after note 7...man you guys are ruthless tonight...

...so....debating between iPhone 7 plus and note 7 for an upgrade....thoughts?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    By note 8, I meant the version after note 7...man you guys are ruthless tonight...

I've had a few Iphones. I won't go back. My daughter had to have a Iphone a few years ago. She now wants an Android back.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon

The version after Note 7 could be anything. I think a site said something about the next Note having a flexible screen, that would be cool.

Go with Android.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I got tired of the mess and went with a moto Z force, happy and it's still a tough old Motorola just like the last 10 phones I have had.

Wife got a iPhone 7 but has yet to use it, will be interesting to see how it compares.

I did see a few drop test and the all glass Note 7 didn't make it vs the metal phones.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was done with Apple products after Tim Cook injected himself into Indiana politics to advance his personal agenda.

Top Bottom