• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Facebook.com and other social media.... We have 10k in fans there. We make a post and 3000-5000 see that post.. It's hard to argue with the ease of reaching our fans, friends and customers that route. In contrast, we make the same identical posts here on INGO and on avg. 75-200 people see those same posts. From an advertising standpoint social media wins.

With that said, I wanted to give this 1911 to give back to INGO and the members here just because. If you guys choose to shop with us, cool. Aaron and I get tried of drinking cheap beers, and your business helps us buy not as cheap beer and new socks from time to time. I've met many and had some good times of you through the years and I can say that AGS has gotten to the point it is because of INGO and the support you've all shown us since it was just a two table operation at the local gun shows. Will we get some "good press" and advertising out of this, sure.. And I will appreciate every bit of it, but this one is just to make the members here smile as they try to outwit their fellow member in scoring a 1911...

Merry Christmas.... Lookout for Krampus and if Christmas isn't your things... Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday season!

-Jahred

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Facebook.com and other social media.... We have 10k in fans there. We make a post and 3000-5000 see that post.. It's hard to argue with the ease of reaching our fans, friends and customers that route. In contrast, we make the same identical posts here on INGO and on avg. 75-200 people see those same posts. From an advertising standpoint social media wins.

With that said, I wanted to give this 1911 to give back to INGO and the members here just because. If you guys choose to shop with us, cool. Aaron and I get tried of drinking cheap beers, and your business helps us buy not as cheap beer and new socks from time to time. I've met many and had some good times of you through the years and I can say that AGS has gotten to the point it is because of INGO and the support you've all shown us since it was just a two table operation at the local gun shows. Will we get some "good press" and advertising out of this, sure.. And I will appreciate every bit of it, but this one is just to make the members here smile as they try to outwit their fellow member in scoring a 1911...

Merry Christmas.... Lookout for Krampus and if Christmas isn't your things... Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday season!

-Jahred

Well in the spirit of Christmas, and your giving of a freaking sweet 1911, some not-so-cheap beer is on me! ...you can buy your own socks.

And in an effort to outwit my fellow members in scoring a 1911,

DIBS!!!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

-Jahred

Although I don't have a FB account, I understand vendors using them for giveaways. "Likes" are an easy way of getting more potential advertizing contacts. I appreciate your keeping this open for all INGOers.

And just in case jagee was off the mark: Shotgun!

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I have seen the random number generator thing used in the past too. It always seems to work fine. Your post number in the thread is your entry number. As for the Veterans, I really like the idea of at least giving them a better chance of winning. If it is not a drawing just for them, then do something like giving them a chance to post/enter twice.

Dang fine looking pistol you guys are offering up. I really like the SB 1911's. Thanks for doing this in whatever form you choose to use.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Hello, My name is Worddoer. I run a 1911 rescue shelter and it seems to me that you may have a neglected 1911 there. Since it seems your life situation does not promote the proper care and love that such a special 1911 deserves, why don't you just let me take that off your hands. Imagine all the free time you would have to drink beer. And all the money that you would save in ammo that could be spent on more and better beer!

And you don't have to listen to that 1911 nagging you all the time. "Why don't you listen to me anymore!?!" "Why don't you spend more time with me!?!" "Do you even care about me anymore!?!" "Do you even think about me!?!" "Do these grips make me look fat?"

It would be much easier for me to take care of that nagging 1911 for you and ease your burden. Then you can have a peaceful life drinking high end exotic beer in whatever relaxing environment you prefer.

Please, don't continue to neglect. Do the right thing and give that old girl a good home at my rescue shelter.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My BIL just graduated from boot camp this past Friday and seeing as how I would like that 1911 for myself it would be nice for him to get a nice gift. Maybe get some cool USMC engraving by Veritas Machining.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    Rhinegeist Truth all around! (Hope you're an IPA fan...)

That being said, I have never shopped AGS but you guys will be on the top of my list when I star my next build. Your support of this site and the Christmas giveaway is truly phenomenal. Thanks!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm actually selling a Glock (and already sold 2 other poly framed guns) to scrape up money to buy a 1911 at the next gun show.
    Looked at a lot of different 1911's lately and the SB's really stand out in a class of their own.
    Can't wait to get my first 1911!

If we are choosing numbers between 1-1911. I will pick #911

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Respond to thread to enter. Your first post number in the thread is your entry. When the contest closes, use an online random number picker to choose a number in the range of the post count. If the chosen number is not the first post for that user ID, the winning number increases by 1 until a first post is found.

Do it this way on a motorcycle forum all the time..... works well.

Choose a number between 1 and X sucks for late comers... it's hard to compile a list of the numbers chosen and not chosen.

I like this the best!
    Number choosing is always lopsided in one way or another. The above method is strait up. No boxing in, no duplication, no one has a closer chance than another.

Total respect and appreciation for all give aways! Thank you!
    I'm on INGO here though. If you choose to limit potential winners to social media participants, why not take the contest advertising there. I'm happy to skip over a INGO posted FB link, but honestly a bit put off by the required "like" bribe to participate in an INGO posted give away. :twocents:

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I like this the best!
    Number choosing is always lopsided in one way or another. The above method is strait up. No boxing in, no duplication, no one has a closer chance than another.

Number choosing is fun... I pick a number and after going through 20 pages I see it is already chosen. So I pick another and start all over. Get mostly through and find it chosen again... Argh...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I spent some time and money with AGS early this A.M.
    I have used them before but we all get into spending/comfort habits and they seldom came to mind. Win or loose (of course I will loose, I always loose...:):) they are back at the top of the list.

Top Bottom