Sarah Palin revises the history of Paul Revere's Midnight ride.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    She knows how to use the honey to attract such attacks and make the MSM look foolish. That woman's knowledge of colonial history is nothing short of amazing. Remember the whole 1773 controversy where so many people jumped on her for the wrong date but she was actually correct? Although she didn't explain it very clearly in that quote, she is right again. Paul Revere did warn to the British away.

She may know what she's talking about, but she doesn't do a very good job of conveying it.

Revere and others spent a considerable amount of time prior the events of Apr 19, 1775 establishing the alarm network. Kind of like our 'phone trees', the message was passed on and others would ride out to other destinations to further it's transmission.

The bells and shots were essential in those to days to alert the members of the communities and bring them to the muster.

Want to learn more? Accept the invitation that TBE extended and come out to a shoot with us. I guarantee that you'll leave with some knowledge that you were not taught in school about the things that happened on Apr 19th

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Want to learn more? Accept the invitation that TBE extended and come out to a shoot with us. I guarantee that you'll leave with some knowledge that you were not taught in school about the things that happened on Apr 19th

Ummm, thanks. I've already been to a mini-Appleseed and expect to go to another event later this year. I don't recall them talking about this part of the story.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    This type of "misspeak" by a sitting POTUS can get us into a war and/or other problems. Ms. Palin is out to draw attention to herself and make a buck. She is another distraction that keeps the media and the voters away from serious candidates.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    You as so right! There is no way she is a viable Republican candidate for POTUS. Being in Alaska for too long has given her brain freeze.

This type of "misspeak" by a sitting POTUS can get us into a war and/or other problems. Ms. Palin is out to draw attention to herself and make a buck. She is another distraction that keeps the media and the voters away from serious candidates.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Did you read upthread? She didn't mispeak, she gave a more accurate representation of history than the idiots who wrote the story on her understand. It was the fact that THEY are unfamiliar with more than the shallow schoolchild version of history that they thought she didn't understand.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Yes, I read the upthread and I know what happened that night. Ms. Palin may have accidentally been technically correct on some aspects, but a long way from convincing me she knew what she was talking about. Someone with presidential aspirations should be able to articulate better answers to basic questions. Sad day when this country cannot field better presidential candidates than we’ve been seeing.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

Who are the "serious candidates"?

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Actually, Sarah was right. Unfortunately she was talking to a crowd that might only have even heard of Paul Revere because of the famous poem (or might be confusing him with their Revereware cooking pans!:rolleyes:) In short, most Americans are incredibly stupid about their own history and would rather try to find fault rather than facts. See previous posts for the proper quotes from history that proves her accuracy; they are too long to quote here yet again.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Yes, I read the upthread and I know what happened that night. Ms. Palin may have accidentally been technically correct on some aspects, but a long way from convincing me she knew what she was talking about. Someone with presidential aspirations should be able to articulate better answers to basic questions. Sad day when this country cannot field better presidential candidates than we’ve been seeing.

Man, if ONLY she had had a teleprompter!!! :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Huh, I don't think Revere ran into too many folks that weren't British during his ride. :scratch:

He warned the British colonists that their British regular military was out.

He warned the British military, when captured, that the countryside had already been alerted and were quite ready for them.

So many people get their history only from a poem that was taught in grade school...

Everyone should get to an Appleseed and hear the real story. :rockwoot:

My thoughts exactly. Up until the revolution they were all Brits.......

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    In an effort to be open minded, I poured myself a large glass of Kool-Aid and repeatedly watched the video and listened to Sarah's succinct and intellectual comments until it became clear to me what she was saying. The bells were ringing so loudly at the Old North Church, they knocked the lanterns from the steeple. The shots were heard round the world as Revere, Dawes and Prescott rode through town on their unicorns.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The media is now admitting that Sarah Palin was correct.

This is just like "party like it is 1773" all over again.

You know how Sarah Palin said Paul Revere warned the British? Well, he did. Now, who looks stupid? - latimes.com

To the media it matters not that Palin was right. It matters that they get their shots in as any political figure that starts mouthing small government sentiments is going to be savaged, double if the politician is female.
    Yup!!
    When the story first broke that Palin had "messed up" history I nearly lost it. I couldn't believe that the reporter was so ignorant of American history.
    Then I remembered that PROPER American History hasn't been taught in our POS Public School System since the 60's!
    Anyone today who knows the facts as they actually occurred either went to school before the 70's, attended a private school, or learned the facts by doing their own research.
    She gave a factual account of Mr. Reveres rides.
    If Sarah said that the Sun rises in the East, the Lame Stream, Democrat controlled, crap for brains Media would declare that she was wrong.

Top Bottom