Sarah Palin revises the history of Paul Revere's Midnight ride.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    O.K., so her voice is perhaps annoying to some ears and easy to mock on SNL, but more and more of the media is realizing that she was right.

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account - BostonHerald.com
    The article backs up what I posted earlier.
    "... not convinced that Palin’s remarks reflect scholarship.."
    "I would call her lucky in her comments"
    "I suppose you could say that,” Leehey said. "But I don’t know if that’s really what Mrs. Palin was referring to."

Sorry - she's not presidential material and until someone credible steps up to run against Obama, let's not hold our breaths for better leadership in Washington.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When Sarah Palin references historical fact she is "lucky". When Barack Obama misstates historical facts he is "smart", "learned" or "insightful".

I know all the cool kids in New York and D.C. are punching her and it is hip and cool to think she is a moron like all the cool kids in the media do (and I say she is a moron too 'cause I want to sit at the cool kids' table), but maybe she read David H. Fischer's book? I read it in grad school when it came out, maybe Sarah read it too?

Has anyone asked her how she knew that Revere warned the British Army or is the media too busy mocking her so they can be invited to the next cocktail party or get rep points on JournoList?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Hey, we KNOW Palin is stupid right? So facts that indicate she is not stupid are an anomoly and facts that indicate she IS stupid are valid. In this way, you never have to revise your point of view.

Years ago, a friend brought his very liberal girlfriend to our house. We got involved in a discussion. She asserted that my wife and I, based on the kind of house we live in, could never understand the plight of people who weren't born with all the advantages.

When I pointed out that my wife was the daughter of a career military enlisted man, and she put herself through college and graduate school, and I pointed out that I was the first person on my father's side to graduate from college and that I had put myself through school and also that I had lived my first 12 years in a trailer - not a double wide, either, none of that mattered to her.

She said, "Well obviously you guys are exceptional, so you still can't understand people who came from unpriveleged backgrounds who are not so exceptional."

So, Palin is stupid, and when she's smart she's still stupid, just lucky.

George W. Bush wasn't smart either, as I recall. He was just lucky to graduate from Yale, get an MBA from Harvard, and learn how to fly a fighter jet. Those things are really, really hard to do when you're as stupid as he is.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    When Sarah Palin references historical fact she is "lucky". When Barack Obama misstates historical facts he is "smart", "learned" or "insightful".

I know all the cool kids in New York and D.C. are punching her and it is hip and cool to think she is a moron like all the cool kids in the media do (and I say she is a moron too 'cause I want to sit at the cool kids' table), but maybe she read David H. Fischer's book? I read it in grad school when it came out, maybe Sarah read it too?

Has anyone asked her how she knew that Revere warned the British Army or is the media too busy mocking her so they can be invited to the next cocktail party or get rep points on JournoList?

Hey, we KNOW Palin is stupid right? So facts that indicate she is not stupid are an anomoly and facts that indicate she IS stupid are valid. In this way, you never have to revise your point of view.

Years ago, a friend brought his very liberal girlfriend to our house. We got involved in a discussion. She asserted that my wife and I, based on the kind of house we live in, could never understand the plight of people who weren't born with all the advantages.

When I pointed out that my wife was the daughter of a career military enlisted man, and she put herself through college and graduate school, and I pointed out that I was the first person on my father's side to graduate from college and that I had put myself through school and also that I had lived my first 12 years in a trailer - not a double wide, either, none of that mattered to her.

She said, "Well obviously you guys are exceptional, so you still can't understand people who came from unpriveleged backgrounds who are not so exceptional."

George W. Bush wasn't smart either, as I recall. He was just lucky to graduate from Yale, get an MBA from Harvard, and learn how to fly a fighter jet. Those things are really, really hard to do when you're as stupid as he is.
    Well.........
    Since I agree with both of you guys, :yesway: ,I guess Hell must have frozen over.
    If anyone needs me I'll just be outside looking for the flying pigs.
    :D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Yeah.
    Those too! :D

Actually UncleMike, based on you agreeing with me, I'm going to go back and review my arguments for mistakes. :D

Why don't you pop on over to the smashed cell phone thread and let's fight a little. I'm strangely disoriented, like the planet has shifted on its axis.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Actually UncleMike, based on you agreeing with me, I'm going to go back and review my arguments for mistakes. :D

Why don't you pop on over to the smashed cell phone thread and let's fight a little. I'm strangely disoriented, like the planet has shifted on its axis.
    Thanks for the invite, but there's far too much (*) in that thread already. :)
    The disorientation will pass.
    It's just the Earth shifting it's Pole positions like it does every few thousand years.
    (The Dems are blaming it on Bush. ;))

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Palin is a horses ass. Just clueless. She needs to stick to her reality show, crappy books, and toting around her daughter talking about why having pre marital sex is bad. LOL

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Sarah Palin may be as intelligent as say, Dan Quayle, but until she's able to articulate her thoughts into complete sentences, she's not going to be taken seriously by the media or the voters. This may not be a fair assessment of her, but it's reality.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Palin is a joke, she has zero shot at being President. Only a fool would vote for someone who has already quit as the Governor of a state when the going to a little tough. Or maybe she left to focus on the book tours, speaking engagements, trips to dancing with the stars, or whatever other money making scheme she has to dupe the schmucks who pay to see her.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OP jumped the gun..... Doh! .... Here I made these for you for future use. :D

jump-rope-gun.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think Pocketman has nailed the political reality.

The Media smells blood and the pack will not abandon the kill, regardless if Palin is right or wrong.

Since I agree with both of you guys, :yesway: ,I guess Hell must have frozen over.

Why wouldn't you agree with me? It's not like you are an ex-girlfriend.:D

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I lost all interest in her as a presidential candidate when she bailed as governor when things got a little hot around her with all of the state's democrats accusing her of ethics violations. I felt like she should have stuck it out and that this might be an indicator of how she would react if she were the president. She also needs to get rid of that down home country shezazz, gee whillickers crap as it makes her look like a female Gomer Pyle. I also do not care to much about what she is doing right now to the repukelicans and potentially splitting up the conservatives from the rest of the repukes for a third party try. It is difficult to tell what is on her mind and what her ultimate intentions are.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

“We routinely disqualify testimony that would plead for extenuation. That is, we are so persuaded of the rightness of our judgment as to invalidate evidence that does not confirm us in it. Nothing that deserves to be called truth could ever be arrived at by such means.”

-Marilynne Robinson, The Death of Adam

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ....but until she's able to articulate her thoughts into complete sentences, she's not going to be taken seriously by the media or the voters. This may not be a fair assessment of her, but it's reality.

All you libertarians out there should be familar with Camille Paglia, the feminist libertarian lesbian who writes (now) for Salon.com.

She is an excellent writer, who actually believes that Palin is an effective and engaging speaker.

Linkification:
    http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/camille_paglia/2008/09/10/palin

That's only an example for the flavor of the esteem in which she holds Palin - I can't find the article she wrote that she frankly lauded Palin's speaking.

BTW, Paglia is anti-gun control, consistent with her libertarianism.
    The Million Mom March: What a crock! - Camille Paglia - Salon.com
    The problem with gun-control laws is that they only work on already law-abiding citizens. Although I don't own guns, I respect those who do. And I venerate the armed woman as a transcendent symbol of independent female power -- from ancient goddesses like the Venus Armata or the knife-wielding Hindu Kali to the pistol-packing babes of "Charlie's Angels."

Top Bottom