• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I was looking at these last night and they seem like a good value for 450ish..
    http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11HOGHUNTER

They have the accutrigger and a threaded barrel..comes in 223, 308, and 338 win mag...cant really get em anywhere but gunbroker...

my question on this is on the threaded barrel...what could suppress a 338 win mag with....would you rather have this as 223 or 308....i am leaning toward 223 or 308 but want to see what you all think

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    It's nice..........but from what I know from friends who've been down in Texas, there are somewhat better options available. One fellow told me a semi auto 20 gauge with slugs does the best job, and you have quick follow up shots. jmho

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I like the iron sights on this and the ability to add a scope..i love the accutrigger....also like the length and threaded barrel..these are real hard to find unless u get the 338 win mag which might be allright but the suppressor will be hard to come by imo...any body know what kind of suppressor is available in 338 winchester mag

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    We need follow up range report. I handled a .223 Hog Hunter this weekend and liked it. The front bead fell right in the rear sight when shouldered and I am seriously thinking of picking one up.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I was looking at these last night and they seem like a good value for 450ish..
    Savage Arms

They have the accutrigger and a threaded barrel..comes in 223, 308, and 338 win mag...cant really get em anywhere but gunbroker...

my question on this is on the threaded barrel...what could suppress a 338 win mag with....would you rather have this as 223 or 308....i am leaning toward 223 or 308 but want to see what you all think

I saw one at Westforths in Northwest Indiana in.223 and was what I was looking for. If you can let me know how you like the rifle.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I like the iron sights on this and the ability to add a scope..i love the accutrigger....also like the length and threaded barrel..these are real hard to find unless u get the 338 win mag which might be allright but the suppressor will be hard to come by imo...any body know what kind of suppressor is available in 338 winchester mag

Suppressed Admament Has one for the 338 Lapua i would think it would be fine on a 338 Win. You can call or email them to be sure.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    pretty good gun...accurate...the problem is that you have to keep downward pressure on the bolt or the bolt will slide right over the bullet...i could not figure this out in the freezing rain...i dont know if it was a weak mag spring but it was very frustrating until i figured out what caused it...in other words if u had your hand on the bottom of the bolt just pushing slightly upward to chamber a round the bolt would not grab the bullet from the internal mag ...it would just slide over unless you were putting downward pressure on the bolt...i dont know if this was normal but I dont think it should do that
    We need follow up range report. I handled a .223 Hog Hunter this weekend and liked it. The front bead fell right in the rear sight when shouldered and I am seriously thinking of picking one up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom