• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I picked up some 7.62x39 at Walmart the other day; its cheaper than anywhere else.

Gentleman who helped me was older; reminded me to clean it well after shooting, as even though the Tulammo was non-corrosive, it was a bit "dirtier" than some other brands. Can't fault him for that; he meant well. :)

Little does he know that I have an evil Kalashnikov that eats dirt and powder residue for sustenance and never needs cleaning.... :ar15:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    they told me at the walmart in henderson ky, that the reason they ask for id is illinois, if you are a resident of illinois you have to have a foid card to buy ammo, no foid card= no ammo, he said thats a company wide policy

dlgonser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    I was doing a shotgun competition a few years ago and bought 100 rounds of #8 from Walmart. The ammo was in 1 box and the lady at the cash register still thought it must be illegal to buy so much ammo at once. She wouldnt ring it up until her manager told her it was ok.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    And I wonder what her reasoning was since it was in 1 box.

Brownsburg still isn't too bad. Sometimes difficult to find the key holder, but a couple people who aren't afraid of them work there as well. Never a bad conversation.

And only some of the shotgun shells are out, others are locked up around here. The target $6 boxes are the only ones out. And a wooden box of 22s.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Not possible since the Hammond Wal-Mart is really a "Wal-Mexico" and not a Wal-Mart since if you go in there you will see all the signs in English & Spanish. :D

Besides Wal-Mexico AKA GetthoMart typically never has ammo as they are always out of stock.

-Jedi
    It's bilingual, you lose. or win, I dunno how this works.

I bet the Merrillville Wal Mart is worse than both of ours combined :rockwoot:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The young woman who rung me out when I got ammo last tried to tell me that they needed to see my ID to make sure I was from Indiana and that I didn't come here from some other state to buy the ammo....... I then asked, "So if I am not an Indiana resident, I cannot purchase ammo in Indiana?" to which she said "No."

That's a new one for me... Haven't seen that in any laws myself. Haven't checked to see if it's true, but doubt it is.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    It sure is nice to have a couple non-morons working the gun counter at the Plymouth store. I don't think I've heard a single stupid comment from any of them since the late 90s. I get my fill of that at gun shows and a couple local gun shops.

+1 on this comment, I always open carry in the Plymouth Walmart and buy ammo there with no troubles. Decent people there.

finn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I love Wal-Mart! Every time I come out I feel a little bit better about myself.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    How much was it and where?

I hate telling people about it....they only get a small amount at a time, and it sells out almost immediately. $5 for the 20rd box of Tulammo FMJ's, non-corrosive. The local shops around here have it for either $6.00 or $6.50, so I usually try to buy all that Walmart has when they have it in stock. Whenever I go through, I check for it.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I hate telling people about it....they only get a small amount at a time, and it sells out almost immediately. $5 for the 20rd box of Tulammo FMJ's, non-corrosive. The local shops around here have it for either $6.00 or $6.50, so I usually try to buy all that Walmart has when they have it in stock. Whenever I go through, I check for it.

Can't beat that, all we meed now the employee discount.

I think its a lesson regarding to stock up so your not looking for the last box of ammo in town.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:dunno: Maybe I'm doing the math wrong but that comes out to .26 cents per round. Is that correct? 5.35 (after taxes) for 20 rds. That is way to high!
    Corrosive online comes to .19 and the non-corrosive comes to around .21.

Jedi

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I've actually had fairly pleasant conversations with the guy who works the ammo cabinet in Brownsburg. For those of you who shop there, I'm speaking of the gentleman in the wheelchair. Also for those of you who shop there, STOP BUYING ALL OF THE 9mm ON MY RANGE DAY!!!:D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've actually had fairly pleasant conversations with the guy who works the ammo cabinet in Brownsburg. For those of you who shop there, I'm speaking of the gentleman in the wheelchair. Also for those of you who shop there, STOP BUYING ALL OF THE 9mm ON MY RANGE DAY!!!:D

So stop in when it's not your range day and pick some up :). I have several hundred 9mm rounds relaxing in my house... Went to wal-mart and bought ... 8 boxes I think?

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    At least you had a Dumba$$ to wait on you. I waited 45 minutes and had to call the store from my cell phone to buy ammo!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    :dunno: Maybe I'm doing the math wrong but that comes out to .26 cents per round. Is that correct? 5.35 (after taxes) for 20 rds. That is way to high!
    Corrosive online comes to .19 and the non-corrosive comes to around .21.

Jedi

Then add $20 of shipping, and consider the fact that we can't all afford to buy in bulk quantities....this works out better for small amounts.

Top Bottom