• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Its freedom of speech. I can hang a Nazi Flag in my yard if I wanted to. The stars and stripes has a long history of slavery and murder on its belt but I don't see people calling for its removal (give it time though). This makes me want to buy a stars and bars to hang in my yard. Anything the government says I cant have just makes me want it more.

I'll never understand this virulent strain infecting modern conservatism, doing things just because they're perceived as angering someone else. It's like wasting power on Earth Day, or "rolling coal" when encountering a Prius: what's the point?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Correct.

The Cornerstone of the United States of America is not white supremacy. The Cornerstone of the Confederacy is white supremacy.

Celebrating white supremacy is offensive and gives permission to lunatics with racist conspiracy theories to commit murder.

You are not the government. The government of South Carolina is a government and that government should not be celebrating white supremacy.
    I disagree with your assesment.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    The Cornerstone of the United States of America is not white supremacy. The Cornerstone of the Confederacy is white supremacy.

This is untrue and I think you know that. I'm not going to say any more for the risk of having words put into my mouth that I didn't say or believe :)

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Yes, the transparency house. Don't question it, just go along...here, have some Kool-Aid...
    ch
    and if you don't agree, we have ways of dealing with the unarmed masses.....AUSCHWITZ!!! every American should visit or at least study about Auschwitz, I went there in 2006. Over 6 million Jews died or were exterminated there.....lambs to the slaughter.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Kirk Freeman :(quote) You are not the Gubment.The Gubment of S.C. is a Gubment and that Gubment should not be celebrating white Supremacy?

How do you figure?Mabye I am wrong,but prior to 1776,wasn't slavery practiced in almost all the colonies?Mabye we should outlaw all flags prior to that date. Mabye the South needs another asswoopin?

Come on guys,we can't stop here. Mississippi voted 2:1 to keep it on their flag..RACIST...Got to go.....while were at it....."6 Flags over Texas",tell em' to change it to "5 Flags over Texas and that one flag which totally tells the world that you all are Racist",while were at it,tell em to redesign the rear of their state seal,...got to go...The battle flag of Northern Virginia,Remove from the history books,The Con.Flag was copied from it,so it somehow must be Racist...Tenn.9th army also used it.Strike it from history.Up to this point,the Libtards have done quit a good job of rubbing the whole Civil War from the American School Systems.Ask ANYBODY,who Jeff Davis is,and they have no IDEA.Older history books had him listed along with Lincoln as "the President of the Confederacy".He now doesn't get a Paragraph. Now if we we could Bulldoze all the Civil War Battle Fields,and just put up more HUD housing,we could mabye in a few years think this stain was just a bad dream....Yea a bad dream.This politically correct BS will be our demise.The King at this point is in Check. Just my axhole opinion.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Winners fly the flag that they want. And who started hostilities between English Colonists/Americans and Native Americans? Didn't Native Americans think they were tricking white settlers (when those settlers paid for land) because Native Americans had no concept of land ownership? They seemed to get pretty upset when that concept was explained to them at the end of a barrel.

So, what you're saying is that those cheating Native Americans ended up getting just what they deserved?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Pharaoh held my people as slaves 400 years. I think Egypt should bomb all ancient ruins into nonexistence. Pyramids, Sphinx, the temple at Karnak. Hell, the whole valley of kings! No modern Egyptians should be able to look in wonder and pride at their cultural heritage. It was all built on the backs of an oppressed people! The world should be forced to forget everything the Egyptian culture achieved. Their immortal monuments of the ages are only symbols of racial oppression, no one has a right to be proud of accomplishments beyond modern science when there was injustice to be found. Civilization itself offends me and is only a brutal reminder of the slave holding culture that invented it!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    What do you think that flag meant to Dylan Roof?

What do you think it means to every racist that tells us that the flag stands for "freedom" or "The Tenth Amendment" or whatever other stalking horse nonsense they come up with?

...I'll push back a little. I'm from Kentucky originally and the confederate flag does symbolize the southern man in modern culture, much like this album cover from the country group Alabama:

alabama-roll-on-front-cover-25872.jpg

...or the roof of the car "General Lee" from the popular television show Dukes of Hazard:

general_lee_roof_top____by_kennyvsgir.jpg

There are a great many bigots who fly those colors for exactly the reasons you mentioned, but there is a southern culture that does not believe in slavery, never did, but do identify with the southern culture.

Did you know the southern accent evolved AFTER the civil war concluded? All those movies about the civil war were wrong - there was no distinct southern accent like the one today during the civil war. According to the research done for the show "How The States Got Their Shapes", the southern accent evolved as an identity to the southern culture separate from the north for identity. Some things are just symbols of the south and carry no further meaning to most people who display them.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Some things are just symbols of the south and carry no further meaning to most people who display them.

I agree.

And taking down that flag will remove a symbol (of whatever is in the mind of the beholder), but I'm not sure it will make an appreciable change to what's in the hearts and minds of the people. Didn't our president once say something about putting lipstick on a pig?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree.

And taking down that flag will remove a symbol (of whatever is in the mind of the beholder), but I'm not sure it will make an appreciable change to what's in the hearts and minds of the people. Didn't our president once say something about putting lipstick on a pig?

First they came for the Confederate Flag, and I did not speak out...
    Because I did not fly the Confederate Flag.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I agree.

It won't. I understand trying to distance government from slavery and bigotry - I get that. But, to the common southerner the stars and bars is a symbol of the southern man. That symbol - as with the country group Alabama (highly religious family-oriented group) - means honesty, integrity, hard work, pride, family; not unlike the banner that some on this forum wear - "Redneck".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree.

That's why I think it is up to South Carolina to define what the flag symbolizes and whether they should keep it. People like Kirk who defines it differently has nothing in it but their noses.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    It won't. I understand trying to distance government from slavery and bigotry - I get that. But, to the common southerner the stars and bars is a symbol of the southern man. That symbol - as with the country group Alabama (highly religious family-oriented group) - means honesty, integrity, hard work, pride, family; not unlike the banner that some on this forum wear - "Redneck".

Anybody can give some random meaning to any flag. I'm sure the Nazis felt the same about their flag. Only difference is I don't see many Germans waving a Nazi flag saying "heritage not hate".

Top Bottom