• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    <trigger warning>NSFW!</trigger warning>

So, let me get this straight...no pun intended...everyone wants the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia to come down because it, "represents slavery", right?

But everyone is fine with the rainbow flag, whose most merry supporters, attend parades where participants dress and act like, well...

folsom.jpg

13564281655_9c5eddc311.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I bet it's been a wild last few nights at the Blue Oyster. I apologize for the theme song currently playing in your heads.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I'm a little late to the dance but had a great time reading all this. One thing I noticed in Roof's pictures that I don't think anyone here has commented on. He is observed wearing a shirt that says GOLD'S GYM. Now is Gold racist? I mean should we consider what influence the gym or its website might had had on him and his decision to murder? Should this gym be shut down? In another picture he is in front of several potted plants, one of which is definitely marigolds. Are marigolds somehow racist? Should we check out if there is a botanical evil in these plants that makes us hate? Where I'm going with this is that there are reasons that this man did what he did that are not related to the symbols we choose to blame for his actions.
    As to the present hatred of the confederate flag--might we not also ban white sheets? Should Walmart, et al, pull them from the shelves before someone cuts eye holes and makes pointy hats out of them? And what of crosses? They were burnt in people's yards! Should they be banned as symbols of hate? How about the letter K? And what of rope? Black people got hanged by that. Should rope be banned?
    What we really have here is a classic example of mob rule attacking symbols instead of dealing with the real issues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm a little late to the dance but had a great time reading all this. One thing I noticed in Roof's pictures that I don't think anyone here has commented on. He is observed wearing a shirt that says GOLD'S GYM. Now is Gold racist? I mean should we consider what influence the gym or its website might had had on him and his decision to murder? Should this gym be shut down? In another picture he is in front of several potted plants, one of which is definitely marigolds. Are marigolds somehow racist? Should we check out if there is a botanical evil in these plants that makes us hate? Where I'm going with this is that there are reasons that this man did what he did that are not related to the symbols we choose to blame for his actions.
    As to the present hatred of the confederate flag--might we not also ban white sheets? Should Walmart, et al, pull them from the shelves before someone cuts eye holes and makes pointy hats out of them? And what of crosses? They were burnt in people's yards! Should they be banned as symbols of hate? How about the letter K? And what of rope? Black people got hanged by that. Should rope be banned?
    What we really have here is a classic example of mob rule attacking symbols instead of dealing with the real issues.

Not sure if srs, or haven't seen a picture of Dylynn Roof. lol

Top Bottom