• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    ok, so i'm lookin threw the impactguns.com product listing and came upon this little compact.....brand new, companies first production gun....has ANYONE shot one of these or better yet OWN ONE?..i want some info on these things, they are brand new but appear to be of solid construction and decent looks...

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have never shot one but have dry fired one several times and the trigger pull was terrible. For about the same money you could get a Ruger LCP or Kel-tec. What ever you choose good luck.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I haver one of the very early models before the name change. I am now sending it back for the 2nd time, 3rd repair total. The trigger pull is VERY firm it is a DAO. I am unsure of the changes that have been made to the new models. I would save a lil more cash and look into a PT-111

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    My buddy bought one of these. Some of the trigger internals broke before he got through the first mag. He sent it in and it was repaired under warranty, but he traded it off when he got it back.

But, a guy I used to work with loves his and hasn't had a problem. I suppose it's hit or miss :dunno:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a fairly new one. I posted a fairly thorough review a few weeks ago ... I'll have to look back to find the link cause I'm not about to rewrite the whole thing. ...
    The summary is ... the trigger is long and heavy - but it is DAO, and relatively speaking I didn't think it was that terrible. Overall, I still have many mixed feelings, but a larger part of my dis-statisfaction may be (probably is) a lot due to my lack of skills and practice, which is improving.

Once deer season is finished ... I plan to get out to shoot the sccy more and do a better or additional review.

I'll post a link to my commentary if I can find it I (if no-one else does) ... good luck

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I haver one of the very early models before the name change. I am now sending it back for the 2nd time, 3rd repair total. The trigger pull is VERY firm it is a DAO. I am unsure of the changes that have been made to the new models. I would save a lil more cash and look into a PT-111
    Didnt your frame crack or something???

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    well, looks like i won't be supporting this start up company (and no, i didn't support Hi-Point either...they maybe be reliable to an extent but they are infact the ugliest firearms on the face of this earth....seen zip guns that were more sexy)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have one of the first 700 ever made back before the name change. I already owned several reliable handguns at the time so I took a chance on it at a gun show. It would not get through an entire magazine without a failure to feed. I took it to my gunsmith and he had it for a few days. Changed out a spring and polished up the feed ramp. Cost me an extra 15 bucks. Since then I have put over 800 flawless rounds through it, but I do not carry it. I know others who were not as lucky and have had nothing but problems with them. Again, I knew it was a gamble and I do not regret purchasing it since I have other handguns that are good to go, but I would not recomend it for a first handgun purchase for someone. If you already have a gun and are willing to risk it then go ahead.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Here is the link to my earlier "thorough" review. ...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/118387-sccy_cpx-9_a.html

I'd like to say I totally love it, but I don't - but I don't hate it.
    And as to the other folks NOT recommending this as a first carry ... well this IS my first carry gun - because I can't afford anything better (yet) and at the rate I go at these things, it may be YEARS to upgrade (that's another thread) ... so I guess I'll get used to it. It seems to be getting better, but I think a lot of my problems are "ME" not the SCCY.

The only thing I've seen in 9mm even close in $$ is Kel-Tec and I like those even LESS. (and If I had waited, I wouldn't have ANYTHING yet, so ??:dunno:??)

my :twocents:

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I have the new version of the Sccy 9mm . Only complaint is the longer pull. But it isnt horrible. I think they are made out of Daytona Fl. Its an improvement over the previous model in my opinion. I may suggest finding a dealer that has a used one and see if theyll let you shoot it. I know a lot of places around here do that.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    AuctionArms has the SCCY CPX1 for as low as $205. I don't think you can find many used 9mm handguns at that price! Whether or not you wish to take a chance on getting a good one "out of the box" is another matter. At least the come with a "Anyone, Anytime, Lifetime Warranty." But then who knows how long the company will stay in business?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Get a Kel-Tec P-11...got one from a fellow INGO'er and love it! works great..had an issuse with some HP's but that was mag problem!!

keith2210

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    I owned one for a short while. I would not recommend them. trigger pull was horrible and I had many failure to feed and failure to eject problems. I was using winchester white box. I would keep looking. :twocents:

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Had one that never worked, after 2 trips back to the factory - the gun shop took it back. I'd recommend you look at Kel-Tec since the gun you are looking out is a bad reproduction of KT

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Here is the link to my earlier "thorough" review. ...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/118387-sccy_cpx-9_a.html

I'd like to say I totally love it, but I don't - but I don't hate it.
    And as to the other folks NOT recommending this as a first carry ... well this IS my first carry gun - because I can't afford anything better (yet) and at the rate I go at these things, it may be YEARS to upgrade (that's another thread) ... so I guess I'll get used to it. It seems to be getting better, but I think a lot of my problems are "ME" not the SCCY.

The only thing I've seen in 9mm even close in $$ is Kel-Tec and I like those even LESS. (and If I had waited, I wouldn't have ANYTHING yet, so ??:dunno:??)

my :twocents:

We're gonna get you to the range and then get you set up with something spectacular!

stacy248

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Hi guys,

I have had my CPX-1 for a while now, and no issues ever, I use this as my daily carry and I have always had full confidence in my SCCY, in fact I am asking my hubby for the new CPX-2 for Christmas. I felt one a few weeks ago, and the grips are nice, along with no safety levers even better I feel for self defense. I have put hundreds of rounds through my CPX-1 without a single hiccup. I fully reccomend them to everyone.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Hi guys,

I have had my CPX-1 for a while now, and no issues ever, I use this as my daily carry and I have always had full confidence in my SCCY, in fact I am asking my hubby for the new CPX-2 for Christmas. I felt one a few weeks ago, and the grips are nice, along with no safety levers even better I feel for self defense. I have put hundreds of rounds through my CPX-1 without a single hiccup. I fully reccomend them to everyone.

Hello, stacy! :welcome: to INGO. You should go to the Introductions forum and post something there so everyone has an opportunity to say :welcome:.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Hi guys,

:welcome::ingo: ... Glad to have you join us here. ... and I'm glad I'm not the only 1 who's more positive about the SCCY. Mine is not my favorite, (I've had some hiccups) ... but its my daily carry and will be for a while (% then it will go to my wife for a while) ...

Welcome to INGO ...

Top Bottom