• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'd grab one of the store microphone/PA handsets and announce that this store is a GUN FREE ZONE and no firearms are permitted in the store. He'd leave. Problem solved.

Yup,, or go home grab my double barrel 12 gauge, and shoot it into the air, if that didn't work then I would purchase a pair of scissors and attack him with them! Then I would throw up on myself just in case he wanted to rape me!:puke:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I believe I would draw, with my shoulder against the outside wall, go to the other entrance to address the situation.

Basically, if he was standing there blasting I MIGHT run up behind and shoot him in the back.

Most mass shooters can outgun most cc in a staight up battle. The advantage of surprise is the only advantage you have in the situation described above. If it can't be used, then tuck tail and run...

This is true, but not absolute. Two of the worst mass shootings were committed with handguns. Also, mass shooters are often pussies who shoot themselves once they reach resistance.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I never want to be anywhere near you. Several other instances, huh?
    My area of operations is called 'Little Beirut'. I've had to call PD to remove bodies so I can get in my shop. I've had to interact with PD in the area for 40+ years.
    Once, I even drew and approached two fellows on the property and when i confronted them, found they were UC's invetigating the previous night's latest incident. It was weird holding a firearm on LEO's while they proved who they were before I backed down.

If somebody rides with me to my shop for the first time and I stop, I get "You're not stopping here are you!?!??"

NIcest thing I ever heard said there? "NO! Let's go on down the street! He shoots!" just 1/2 an hour before they robbed the place down the street and killed one, wounded another.

You are correct in NOT wanting to be around me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I won't even try to claim that I know what I would do When bullets are actually flying, none of us know for sure until we are actually tested. People will surprise you. I have seen people who I thought were tough fold like schoolgirls and have seen schoolgirls turn into raging warriors. As for me, I can't run..... I do mean that I ACTUALLY can't run. so that is a consideration for me.

I would Like to say that I would mind my business, but I have been in a scrape or two where I didn't mind my business a bit. The given scenario however, where bullets are flying from the get-go would warrant a second thought or two.... Or three. My first thought is whether I want to spend the rest of my life in prison for these strangers. My second thought is whether I want to be killed by police as an accessory shooter for these strangers. because of having to consider both of these factors, now I will be extremely angry. That is not good for making decisions......

I do think about questions like this. My standard order for my wife (who hates guns, by the way) is to run the heck away from me if we are ever confronted in some manner, or if she suspects that I might be considering not minding my business for some reason. I wouldn't want people who might be with me to become co-targets (or maybe even co-defendants) as a result of any rash decisions I could be considering.

Like I said, I wont be offering a solid prediction on what I would do. For everyone who has made the call that they would step right up, congratulations! you are heroes! You do understand that you will be spending at least the following week in jail? It will probably be sorted out by then...... Probably........

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Get my family to safety ASAP and I'd get as close as I could, as tactically as I could, as quickly as I could and engage. My nature wouldn't permit me to simply escape. My wife and children know their responsibility is to run as fast & far as they can and don't look back.

growler46901

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Tough question to answer in the context you are asking it. Think about it 4 hours later when you are watching the national news. 10 dead? 30 dead? Including children?
    Would you be happy to be home safe with your family? Would you be able to forget that you were there and did nothing to stop it?? Regardless of whether you are carrying or not. Wouldn't you feel an obligation to do something? Hypothetical question, hypothetical answer.

Growler

goosehuntermp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    My family doesn't enjoy my expeditions to the hardware store, so I'd likely be alone. I'm about 99% sure that I'd try to engage the attacker. I'm not certain I could live with myself seeing a body count and knowing I ran or hid.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    First of all, 100-200 yds away is FAR too distant for you to take any shot with a handgun. You are definitely at risk from a shot coming from the shooter but if you return fire chances are you will miss, possibly hit someone beyond the shooter, draw his attention to YOU as a threat, possibly cause him to hit someone behind you. All of these are VERY undesirable!

If you were closer, I can't think of any scenario that calls for immediate and lethal force than the "active shooter" one. He's proven what he's there for, and will likely not stop until he's exhausted his supply of ammo and guns or been neutralized by someone at the scene. So here you must use your judgement, clouded as that might be due to the situation.

But in your scenario, I think taking cover and getting anyone around you under cover is the best first step. The shooter might just be there to take out one specific target and once he's done that, he's done.

If, however, the shooter is just methodically going from person to person in the store and killing anyone and everyone, then I believe I'd be motivated to take action. I'd try to use whatever cover and concealment is available, and in a Lowes that would be a lot, to move into a position where I had a clear shot from a short enough distance that I knew I could neutralize him and that there are no others beyond him that I might accidentally hit.

As always, you're going to have to use your best judgement. Of course, even in a case like this, you actions are going to be scrutinized. But if you believe that if you do NOTHING, more people will die immediately, I believe you MUST act.

I think it's a good thing to get in the habit of thinking about how something like this might go down. Look around while your shopping or standing in line at the checkout. What if that odd looking guy in the hoodie whips out a gun and starts firing. Where should I move to? What should I do? As with any skill, practice and mindset make all the difference.
    This thread was a very interesting read. A lot of humor...I like that. I must say jwh20 has my favorite response. We all hope it never happens, but we all wonder how we will react if it does.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    God Family Tribe.
    At my local Lowes most customers are anti gun anti American and happy to trust their lives to the "great leader O". Let them call 911 I will evac me and mine and live another day. Honestly I hope I can be this cold hearted. I honestly dont know what I would do (I doubt any of us do) all I know is that I will protect my family. That means smoking some joker who is a threat to them or maybe it just means minding my own buisness and keeping them fed and sheltered rather bankrupting them with legal costs protecting fools that I share nothing in common with.

TopGun9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    In that case, I'd be running like the wind. Unless of course she was a redhead. I could never outrun a ginger. :rolleyes:
    To each their own. #1 Take care of yourself so you can take care of others #2 Take care of yourself so you can take care of the situation i.e. Find cover, call 911, engage only in proximity to your abilities.
    #3 Take care of the threat using caution and being aware of your capabilities.
    Slow hit is better than a fast miss.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Good Guys Win Again

I never want to be anywhere near you. Several other instances, huh?

Well, well. How prophetic. Another incident today, but I didn't draw, and it may never have even come to that. I dunno. I ran out of the house without my ****, so he could see right off I was armed. Phone taking pix in off hand, good hand ready.

Long morning. A person that has a warrant for his arrest tried to get into my neighbor's house a couple of hours ago. I was able to get pix and call PD but he got away. Being armed, he wasn't going to stick around, nor try to attack me as I took the pix and made the call. Now, we have a positive ID and his vehicle info.

https://www.facebook.com/frank.albert.7

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, well. How prophetic. Another incident today, but I didn't draw, and it may never have even come to that. I dunno. I ran out of the house without my ****, so he could see right off I was armed. Phone taking pix in off hand, good hand ready.

Long morning. A person that has a warrant for his arrest tried to get into my neighbor's house a couple of hours ago. I was able to get pix and call PD but he got away. Being armed, he wasn't going to stick around, nor try to attack me as I took the pix and made the call. Now, we have a positive ID and his vehicle info.

https://www.facebook.com/frank.albert.7

Dude, where the heck in Richmond do you live? lol

I thought I got into crap a lot. But that's cuz I stay out late (evening shifter), work in shady areas (downtown), live in North Western Indy (we're constantly getting shootings) and hang around politicians with credible death threats on their heads. I find it to be a matter of math and probability that I'll most likely, finally find the guy who decides not to run when I pull my sidearm or I'll have a home invasion (there was another one just this last weekend), but I'm trying to figure out why it is you're getting into it so much. Are you in a similiar situation as me or just that lucky??

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Dude, where the heck in Richmond do you live? lol

I thought I got into crap a lot. But that's cuz I stay out late (evening shifter), work in shady areas (downtown), live in North Western Indy (we're constantly getting shootings) and hang around politicians with credible death threats on their heads. I find it to be a matter of math and probability that I'll most likely, finally find the guy who decides not to run when I pull my sidearm or I'll have a home invasion (there was another one just this last weekend), but I'm trying to figure out why it is you're getting into it so much. Are you in a similiar situation as me or just that lucky??

Just unlucky..:): My shop is in the west quadrant of Blackwell Blackwell neighborhood in Richmond, Virginia (VA), 23224 subdivision profile - real estate, apartments, condos, homes, community, population, jobs, income, streets

I was in the S. quadrant last week just after 3 shootings, and a couple of stabbings. That entire pictured area has been a former home to many death row inmates. I like it there, I guess because it's like a circus or something. Stuff going on everyday. Blink and your throat is cut.
    The guy that moved into the shop next to mine 2 years ago poo-pooed the gun on my hip every day. They split his head with an axe in less than a year.

And PD are friendly here and easy to interact with. WHen PD caught up with me shirtless and a bit disheveled two blocks form the 'incident', they didn't pay the glock any more attention than the unruly hair on my head.
    They didn't even have my description. LEO's like that make it easy to work with and help in any way possible.

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    No matter what you think you will do in any situation, you never know exactly what you'll do until your there. You might keep your cool, and then again anger and adrenalin might take over. Good to always be aware of your surroundings, and know where the exits are in case you and your family need them.

Top Bottom