• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    For the little hole in the wall local places, what used to be the Fiesta is now the Millhouse,
    I liked it better as the Fiesta, before the SOB (Son Of Boss) took over and got rid of the local favorites trying to pull in a more upscale crowd,
    I guess the factory worker crowd that supported his family and sent him to collage isn't good enough anymore.
    (I never had luck with a steak in the 'Millhouse' and we ate there at least once a week for years)

Macadoos out by then old car dealerships is a wonderful place on Friday/Saturday nights for dinner.
    For those of you that like livers, gizzards, frog legs, catfish, and stuff like real hot German potato salad, actual vinegar freezer slaw, it's a GREAT place.

Just about 3 blocks due south off the square, the Headquarters (the old Fritche's Dutch Lunch) is great for... You guessed it, lunch, and Friday/Saturday night dinners.
    If you want 'Atmosphere', this ain't the place, it's been a speak easy, allegedly a house of ill repute around that time, and the place hasn't been remodeled since Kennedy was in the Whitehouse, but the place is clean & the food is good.

The Chicken Place has been a landmark for about 5 decades or more...
    It's not what it used to be... But what is anymore?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    For the little hole in the wall local places, what used to be the Fiesta is now the Millhouse,
    I liked it better as the Fiesta, before the SOB (Son Of Boss) took over and got rid of the local favorites trying to pull in a more upscale crowd,
    I guess the factory worker crowd that supported his family and sent him to collage isn't good enough anymore.
    (I never had luck with a steak in the 'Millhouse' and we ate there at least once a week for years)

Macadoos out by then old car dealerships is a wonderful place on Friday/Saturday nights for dinner.
    For those of you that like livers, gizzards, frog legs, catfish, and stuff like real hot German potato salad, actual vinegar freezer slaw, it's a GREAT place.

Just about 3 blocks due south off the square, the Headquarters (the old Fritche's Dutch Lunch) is great for... You guessed it, lunch, and Friday/Saturday night dinners.
    If you want 'Atmosphere', this ain't the place, it's been a speak easy, allegedly a house of ill repute around that time, and the place hasn't been remodeled since Kennedy was in the Whitehouse, but the place is clean & the food is good.

The Chicken Place has been a landmark for about 5 decades or more...
    It's not what it used to be... But what is anymore?

The old Double R! Man that brings back memories! They used to have excellent ribs, too! Had some friends that worked at Jasper Engines and we'd meet there quite often after work for a schooner or 5.
    You nailed Headquarters, not much to look at but damn their food was good! I'd also say the allegations are very true. My grandpa worked at Jasper Cabinet starting in the early 1930's and when he'd get together with some of his old co-workers after they'd all retired, they tell some stories!

Top Bottom