• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I own a Savage 116 30-06 and I love this rifle. I am actually very pleased with how accurate it is at the ranges I've fired it. Unfortunately I have not had to much trigger time with it lately as I don't have anywhere local to shoot past 200 yards :-( But I digress. I had done alot of research on 30-16's before I finally purchased mine and from what I've seen, from hunters mostly, that the Savage over the Remington is not real difference other than ascetics and certain firing choices, but most were very happy with a Savage for the price over the price of the 700. Now don't get me wrong I want a 700 myself, I mean is hard to knock a rifle that has been proven as much as the 700. But if your going to just "start" to get into a bolt action I'd say go with a Savage and if you want to upgrade down the line go for, their re-sell value is still pretty high :-D

kcwolf200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    I also have a Savage 116 in .30-06 that I just picked up at this last 1500. I am very happy with this rifle. I have been pleased shooting it at 100 yards. Next time I go out, I'm gonna see how she does at 300 yards.

Savage makes great shooters right out of the box. I looked for a while for one with the Accu-trigger (would not have got one without it).

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    just throwing my hat in the ring for what its worth. I have a Browning A-Bolt chambered in 300WSM. I would suggest getting the 30-06. the cartrige is proven for over 100 years. If you decide to hunt with it, you can take most all game in N America. If you just punch paper, ammo is still not outragous. The Browning line of bolt guns is a great product. I have shot many rounds without any malfunctions. The gun is a LOT more accurate than I am.

Top Bottom