• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That was my guess as well. Something's off with her.

As an aside: "My Dad's a lawyer....I know what I'm talking about." If I ever hear my kids saying something that dumb, it's smackin' time.

Yup, whenever someone start's "borrowing knowledge" the next thing out of their mouth is going to be trash. I wonder if any job crew would let me run the dozer, trust me, I know what I'm doing, my dad's done this for years.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Good job on keeping cool in the situation. Lets hope the other customers and employees learned something from it. And Hello-Kitty girl just needs to disappear....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sounds like you handle this child just fine. Better than I may have. I tend to point and laugh at idiocy.

At what point does attempting to grab someone's firearm become a crime?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This shuts them up...

"Oh, so you're carrying a gun. Are you a cop?"
    "Sorry, but I can't disclose who I work for."

They get kind of a blank stare on their face and wonder if you are some kind of secret Brittish spy or something. :shady:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is a subset of women among certain SESs that enjoy provoking fights in front of their boyfriends as a "test" of the boyfriend's committment to them.

Find a coffee shop in a higher SES neighborhood.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    So I'm standing in line at Dunkin' Donuts this morning, came in late, running way behind this morning, see a guy OCing, getting yelled at by some crazy meth-head, and she's just going off the rails...

Good job to the OP for not letting her grab his weapon and also not drawing on her. You sir, are cooler than a cucumber.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm thinking that, in the future when I can tell someone's about to go on an anti-gun diatribe... after they ask if I'm a "cop" like they usually do, I might just say "Security" to avoid the possible encounter.

I still don't get the JetGirl reference.

theres someone on here that uses the line, I'm head of security for an important family in the area. Or something to that effect.

+1 the way you handled yourself. Too bad no one spoke out in your defense.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    She thought you were writing fiction for INGO reader's entertainment.
    Well, not until N8RV scored it;

I docked you a tenth for having the boyfriend absent during the beratement. Overall, well done, sir.

Loved the visual of the Hello Kitty PJs. Nice touch. :)
    I thought he'd ^ seen the original and I missed it.

Jet Girl means the eventual thread where I post a story
    That ^ about sums it up.

Many of us don't get JGs references.
    HEY, Jack.

Was she wearing "Hello Kitty" PJs at the time?
    Hello Kitty? HellNO Kitty!

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    "Sounds like you handle this child just fine." Yes, very good. I'm more of a smart ***, Try, My partner is recording you, and we think you might need to go back to the mental ward. Your actions are scaring the other customers, you need to be check out before you can go home. Please state for the record your BF's name and address. Watch him freak out.

LuckyLeftFoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What confuses me is the fact that she is worried about China. Wouldn't it make more sense to arm the population if Red Dawn was going down? Was she at least hot?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    and this is why i conceal carry

And this is why I don't, in addition to comfort:

I've gotten the "why do you need that" response before. I enjoy these interactions though because if I have the time to do so, I'd say about 99% of these instances end up with the person's mind being opened up and even setting up a time to get people out to shoot or train. Assuming I have adequate time to communicate key points in the discussion, I have met relatively FEW people who I could not either convert entirely or at least open their mind up enough to be accepting of others' choices.

That is not THE reason I OC most of the time, but that is an added bonus for me and my psychological research/studies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've seen many "buff dudes" get their asses kicked because of tier dumb ***** girlfriends.

The guy seemed like quite the meat-head. I didn't get an amazing judge of his character, but I'm sure she could have pursuaded him to do something. He did have that "thug" aura to him. I was slightly more aware of my surroundings when he came back, in case she shared her encounter with him or something. She didn't seem to speak of it when he returned, though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good job. If that were me, I probably would have said something stupid to the boyfriend like "You know you REALLY should have her on a leash, possibly even muzzled. Please dont leave her alone anymore. She might hurt herself.". lol

Requesting the manager ask her to leave for attempting to assault you and/or remove your sidearm was definitely in order. Showing your ignorance/displeasure politely is one thing. Trying to make aggressive physical contact of any sort is out of order.

And at least when I go to DD in my PJs you cant tell... track pants and a Tshirt. I only did that once and it was a coffee emergency. So much so I didnt strap on my sidearm. LOL People who go out in public in actual PJs are lacking self respect.

Last edited:

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    i JUST FIGURED IT OUT!....you were on the wrong set....this is Bridezilla's......the "Just want my coffee" sketch is two studios over.....common mistake

Top Bottom