• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The guy seemed like quite the meat-head. I didn't get an amazing judge of his character, but I'm sure she could have pursuaded him to do something. He did have that "thug" aura to him. I was slightly more aware of my surroundings when he came back, in case she shared her encounter with him or something. She didn't seem to speak of it when he returned, though.

She likely didn't bring it up because he may not agree with her. Unless she was to lie to him that is. Her attempt to use him for intimidation.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    At what point does attempting to grab someone's firearm become a crime?
    How is this not attemped theft, or assault??[/QUOTE]
    I suppose someone needs to try the same thing with a cop, so we know where the "line" is.

Of course, just PRETEND you are going for their gun.

Epic fail on the part of HKPC (Hello Kitty Pajama Chic). She may try that on someone a bit more high-strung, and get a painful result.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I suppose someone needs to try the same thing with a cop, so we know where the "line" is.

Of course, just PRETEND you are going for their gun.

Epic fail on the part of HKPC (Hello Kitty Pajama Chic). She may try that on someone a bit more high-strung, and get a painful result.
    LMAO a new acronym.

I certainly wouldn't have been gentle in slapping her hand away and sidestepping.

LuckyLeftFoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not to be that guy but technically "HKPC" is an initialism not an acronym. Sorry, sometimes I can't help it, my girlfriend can confirm this if necessary. (The part about me not being able to help it sometimes. The internet can confirm the other bit)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Honestly I would have called the cops. If she grabbed for my gun that I would take as a threat and let the cops deal with it.

I wrote up a complaint to the store, incase she's a regular or something. I'd rather not run into her every morning at 7am.

I'd like to think I'd handle it better next time, if so.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    "Don't make me go Hello Kitty on your ***"! That cat is backed by a legion of 5 year old girls.

OP what type of holster do you use?

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    You're the one armed yet she's the one making a scene, attempting to provoke a conflict and basically acting like an insane person in a public place... yeah, the weapon wasn't the greatest threat in the room!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Never ceases to amaze me how potty-mouthed, trailer trash LITTLE GIRLS like to run their mouths when boyfriend is around. Even though I don't advocate hitting women there are some instances where you just wanna beat 'em like Ike beat Tina!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I want to touch on a couple of things here:

Things working against me were the following: It was early. I was tired. I was not responding quickly. I was in an unfamiliar place.

Let's say this happened at the Starbucks I used to go to for years... I would have felt much more comfortable about the staff being on "my side" if I were to react differently... such as pushing her away. Again, in the moment I had to think about it when her hand was at my gun, I made the call that she was not going to take it from me. Obviously, she was out of line and overstepping my comfort zone... and maybe some people would react stronger than I did (stepping away). She did not seem like an immediate threat.

So, I dunno... I'm not a very strong guy, and while I could probably easily push her away or push her to the ground, I would not come out looking like the good guy. Customers may see me as an "attacker", had they not known what provoked it.

Thoughts?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I want to touch on a couple of things here:

Things working against me were the following: It was early. I was tired. I was not responding quickly. I was in an unfamiliar place.

Let's say this happened at the Starbucks I used to go to for years... I would have felt much more comfortable about the staff being on "my side" if I were to react differently... such as pushing her away. Again, in the moment I had to think about it when her hand was at my gun, I made the call that she was not going to take it from me. Obviously, she was out of line and overstepping my comfort zone... and maybe some people would react stronger than I did (stepping away). She did not seem like an immediate threat.

So, I dunno... I'm not a very strong guy, and while I could probably easily push her away or push her to the ground, I would not come out looking like the good guy. Customers may see me as an "attacker", had they not known what provoked it.

Thoughts?
    I think you handled it well. I wouldn't have been gentle in slapping her hand away or sidestepping slightly, but it does not sound as though it required anything more than that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You took the high road and I applaud that. Having justification to "slap her hand away" doesn't mean it is a good idea. Refusing to escalate the situation, which is what you did, was exactly the right call IMHO.

Top Bottom