• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Starring active-duty members of the elite commando unit and based on real events, the film is a bracing reminder of the war films Tinseltown used to make — and, if it scores, will be making again.

The film’s authenticity stands out down the line. The weapons and the tactics shown in the film are real, and some sequences were shot using live ammunition, because that’s how the SEALs roll in training. Nobody flies through the air, hangs by one arm off 100-story buildings or somersaults while firing a machine gun. Everything the guys do in this film are things real humans can do. That may be the coolest thing of all.

A pro-military film—Michael A. Walsh - NYPOST.com

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I talked to a buddy of mine who saw an early screening of this out at the SHOT show and he said it was awesome. I got plans to go see it this weekend. Act of Valor is the tittle <Inserted just so this thread will show up on searches as well>

There are a couple of threads on here with the trailer in them,
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...174205-video_the_greatest_war_movie_ever.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/173549-navy_seals_movie.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/178517-for_us_movie_guys.html

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Sure this will be a great film and I love the idea of a pro military movie.

However, is putting real SEAL Team members on the big screen a good idea? Wasn't there some concern about making public that Seal Team Six took out Bin Laden?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sure this will be a great film and I love the idea of a pro military movie.

However, is putting real SEAL Team members on the big screen a good idea? Wasn't there some concern about making public that Seal Team Six took out Bin Laden?

They are probably no longer on active duty. :dunno:

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I am going to tuck my nicest 1911 into a good piece of leather and take it in this weekend.... Thought about doing an OC number... but I will be pissed if some popcorn pusher refuses me a ticket....

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    You should go with them.

1a1a310a-f6c4-4c22-96dc-ef6523f49c8b.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    One good thing about having a Democrat in office now is that we will get to see movies that show the US and our military in a good light. Hollywood couldn't do that with Bush in office. I remember how happy I was (movie wise) when Clinton was in office because we got "Airforce One" and "Independence Day" and other flicks that showed the Prez as a hero. W gets in and it's back to "Syriana", "The battle of Haditha", "Death of a President", "Lions and Lambs", "Farenheight 9/11", etc....

Looks like we got at least another couple of months of pro America/pro troops movies and this one looks like a good one.

Top Bottom