• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I'll be there with at least one of my sons tonight. Haven't been to a movie with them in a while. Outta be fun.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Was a great book! Can't wait to see the movie. My guess would be the the two SEALS 'named' in the movie (main characters) are no longer in a deploy-able unit.

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Going tonight! PUMPED
    I was going to CC but they have a no firearm rule which I will gladly break but I'm worried they have a metal detector or something that can tell if your carrying.

According to the sign the AMC in Castleton doesnt allow Detective Special revolvers. Good thing i have a Sig.

And no, theres no metal detector.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Critics absolutely trashed it. Some, who actually must have a clue, judged it according to what it was intended to "be."

Critics be damned, I'm still seeing it. :patriot:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Critics absolutely trashed it. Some, who actually must have a clue, judged it according to what it was intended to "be."

Critics be damned, I'm still seeing it. :patriot:
    Movie critics job is to criticize actors/directors. And it would be easy to criticize the acting skills of the Seals in this movie, IF they were actors. Some seemed very self-conscious when "acting", but when it came to moving, shooting, and blowin stuff up, they don't suck. I'm sure if spec ops guys wrote movie reviews and critiqued the tactical skills of actors who portrayed them they would not be too kind. Look it up on Rotten Tomatoes, got a 27% from critics and an 85% from audiences. It's a cool movie and as usual the book is much better.

Last edited:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just saw it tonight (last night? [Friday at 2240 {I haven't slept yet, so for me it's not tomorrow yet}]), and I thought the movie was pretty good. If this had been a normal hollywood flick with real actors and stunt men I would have complained about the simplistic plot and painful dialogue. I did enjoy the movie for what it was meant to be; an action film that showcases the abilities of the Navy SEALs. I will probably buy the dvd when it comes out, simply for the awesome (and awesomely authentic) action scenes. However, I don't think this kind of movie has the complex plot that is necessary to achieve widespread critical acclaim. I highly recommend this movie, but be forewarned that the dialogue in the non-combat scenes is so bad that it will launch you out of the scene like you're sitting on a freaking trebuchet.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Some friends of mine got to see the pre-screening out west. Of course they loved it. Said it was the best movie ever. So, naturally I had high expectations. I went to it early yesterday. It is a good movie which depicts far more realistic combat than any others. On the other hand, they are SEALs and not professional actors. This will be apparent in the non-combat scenes. But I still enjoyed it.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Saw it last night. GREEAAAT movie! Most of the guys are active duty and it showed. lol. If you go into it knowing that they are not actors you will be fine. A couple of people that didn't know they were real SEALS acted like it was a bad movie until they were enlightened. The scary thing is, with the plot line they say it's based on true events. Makes you wonder how close to what happened in the movie actually happened. It also makes you think about how many missions the SEALS conduct on a daily/weekly basis we never even hear about. These guys are nuts, and by the grace of God, they are on our side.

PS. Take your tissues with you, you will experience the full range of emotions.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Some friends of mine got to see the pre-screening out west. Of course they loved it. Said it was the best movie ever. So, naturally I had high expectations. I went to it early yesterday. It is a good movie which depicts far more realistic combat than any others. On the other hand, they are SEALs and not professional actors. This will be apparent in the non-combat scenes. But I still enjoyed it.

I'm still betting the acting is better than "Navy Seals" with Charlie Sheen

Top Bottom