• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Hi guys, an acquaintance suggested I join your forums as Im looking to get my first pistol. Ive only dealt with rifles and shotguns all my life and now that Ive got a gun safe Id like to get a pistol. I thought about getting a 1911 as my first gun because its a tried and true model but I have no idea what brands are better then others for pistols. any suggestions?

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    :welcome:2:ingo:! I think you'll find opinions about 1911's are as varied as the people who have them,including me. I'm a fan of the lower and mid range priced guns. I've owned a Rock Island GI and loved it,my brother has a Taurus PT1911 and a Kimber Polymer Pro Carry II hi-cap,bought used for a great price.Both of those are excellent weapons. My advice is try as many as you can,find the one that fits your hands and your budget,and enjoy. Beware thought,they are addictive!:D

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Yeah I had someone else suggest rock island as a good low end one but I have not seen of them in any stores. Are there any good places on the north side of indy to shoot and try different models?

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    I was also interested in trying to take a look at the Taurus PT1911 for sale on the forums but as a new member I cant post there yet so ill just stick to looking in stores :/

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Lol of all the forums Ive ever joined Ive never gotten this many welcome posts. thanks guys

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom