• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks for the info, I have worked with them on many occasions, great folks to work with, always loaded for bear, the uniformed ones that is, the presidential detail...........whew, you can only imagine what they have, nothing surprises me, you just never know until the detail is over and its time to pack up, what in the ?!? they have.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I tried a glock they don't feel or aim right for me. Glad I got the CAA MCK for it or it would be a paper weight. I have the Glock 20 it's a great Micro Carbine.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Talk about water under the bridge.

45 years ago coming out of the police academy I wanted a S&W Model 66 Combat Magnum with 2.5" bbl as my off-duty. So did thousands of other cops.

We couldn't get them because they all were going to the Secret Service.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Glad they chose wisely. Didnt just go with whoever gave them the most free pistols or the cheapest like the agencies or military branches using the new sigs. The best use Glocks because Glocks are the best and its not just opinion.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Glad they chose wisely. Didnt just go with whoever gave them the most free pistols or the cheapest like the agencies or military branches using the new sigs. The best use Glocks because Glocks are the best and its not just opinion.

Our national police in France uses Sigs (SP2022) but special units use Glocks.

dcfa35d93.jpg

You know you're a badass when you have two Glock sidearms instead of one Sig like your other cop colleagues. :):

The presidential security detail is also using Glocks.

7797604729_un-membre-du-gspr-dans-l-avion-de-la-presidence-de-la-republique-illustration.jpg

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Platform aside. IMHO;

(9mm<40.sw = 45acp ) <.357 Sig <.357magnum <44 mag = 10mm

yes a top shelf 9mm can perform as a 40sw (IF the 9mm does not fail to expand), but a top shelf 40sw will our perform a top shelf 9mm. And in Jhp the same story.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Our national police in France uses Sigs (SP2022) but special units use Glocks.

dcfa35d93.jpg

You know you're a badass when you have two Glock sidearms instead of one Sig like your other cop colleagues. :):

It looks to me he has something strapped to his left leg as well, he may have THREE Glocks on board.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Platform aside. IMHO;

(9mm<40.sw = 45acp ) <.357 Sig <.357magnum <44 mag = 10mm

yes a top shelf 9mm can perform as a 40sw (IF the 9mm does not fail to expand), but a top shelf 40sw will our perform a top shelf 9mm. And in Jhp the same story.

In theory? perhaps. In testing? Negative. In actual use? I'd love to see the objective data and research.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Cheaper, more capacity, just as effective. No reason for one government agency to keep their gucci caliber when everyone else across the board is moving to 9mm for the same reasons. We live in a 9mm Glock 19 world now.

Keeps things in line with other Federal Agencies...even the FBI has switched back to the 9mm caliber after ditching it in 1986, stating that their testing shows is now a 'viable' caliber, keeping in mind that in 1986 the FBI was still using 'hardball' ammunition in their 9mm pistols.
    The truth is, in 1986, the 9mm caliber had no where else to go but 'up'...fortunately, it has came up (to a certain degree) from being a lame duck round in the 1980's to a minimal home/personal defense caliber.
    I grew up on .357 magnum and .45 colt revolvers...while I don't necessarily 'trust' the 9mm caliber for all situations and/or scenarios, I will have to agree that it has improved over the years, especially over the past 5+ years, and it does cost a less when it come to simply plinking around for fun and target shooting for skill development.

FBI switches back to 9mm: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e5-afce-2afd1d3eb896_story.html?noredirect=on

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    In theory? perhaps. In testing? Negative. In actual use? I'd love to see the objective data and research.

hence the IMHO

also “in actual use” if you can say that a jhp will 100% always expand as advertised in every situation. You cannot say that a top shelf or specialty 9mm is just as good as a .40sw or a .45acp every single time. When a jhp fails it becomes a fmj round. 9mm is then neutered.

Top Bottom