• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm not the guy who will tell you why you need to have one, as I let my DW V-Bob go to a better home so I can concentrate on wheel guns. Loved my DW, it was a remarkable piece of mechanical beauty and reliability, and just lights-out accurate. But truly, I get more grins per ounce of lead slung with a S&W revolver than I do with the 1911 platform.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But truly, I get more grins per ounce of lead slung with a S&W revolver than I do with the 1911 platform.

Amen Reverend....Amen...

But if I am going to shoot a semi auto? It's a 1911...They are the N Frames of the semi auto world....Which is kind of funny because I have got an N frame in .45 ACP...Got just saying that made my heart skip a beat....

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    1911 is like no other firearm. Good ol' classics to newer railed versions. Very pleasant to shoot, accurate, and endless aftermarket parts/mods.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    As said several times above. if you like guns you must have 1 in your collection, but thats where it starts . once you get one you want another. I have several. honestly I dot carry them because I haven't trained to disengage the safety in an emergency, but I enjoy shooting them, and you just have to have a 1911 or you're un american.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I think I understand where the OP is coming from. I'm pretty sure he is where I was before I bought my 1st 1911..... In the beginning, I didn't get it. Old, heavy, low capacity, unreliable is what I thought of a 1911. Too expensive and just can't compete with today's modern pistols.

But, despite all that, I started to become drawn to the platform. Then, I shot one, a nice one. Whoa! When I "got it" I totally freakin' got it. Perfect grip angle, sweet trigger, smooth as butter.

Now nothing else really interests me except 1911's and some N and L-frames.

Top Bottom