• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I personally would be perfectly fine with selling a gun to someone that only had a DL....no LTCH needed. BUUUT....If you cant provide one, we are going to go down to a LGS and have them do the transfer.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i was getting ready to sell a gun and the purchase said when negotiating the meeting time, "I cant meet then cause I have to be in court"...I asked was he a lawyer and he said he was a police officer....I would not have sold to him otherwise

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    i was getting ready to sell a gun and the purchase said when negotiating the meeting time, "I cant meet then cause I have to be in court"...I asked was he a lawyer and he said he was a police officer....I would not have sold to him otherwise

yeah, I would be careful selling to lawyers too. Good call :yesway:

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    There are people dumb enough to try some of that stuff. People never fail to amaze me with just what them try and pull off.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Sad thing is, there is internet sales that happen that shouldn't happen.
    As law abiding citizens of Indiana, we need to be diligent of fishy sales. It strengthens our position against the anti & the gov't when we ask for Id's and maybe off hand questions like taking it to an FFL to do a transfer.

On a lighter, joking note......maybe this is part of the Bloomberg goon squad. They've got the idea that Indiana guns are being used in NYC now.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

I take it that means that you wouldn't have sold it if he were a lawyer??? :D :D

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I've been approached by shady characters wanting to buy things all the time.

It's my stuff, and I'll sell it to whomever I want. I'm not required to sell anything to the person wanting to pay the most or the person in front of me with cash. If I don't feel good about it, I'll just say "no thanks."

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sounds like you did the right thing. I would have just hung up on him as soon as made a comment about not wanting to do a background check. I usually ask to see a LTCH for sales to people I don't know.

Top Bottom