• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Decorum (and the hammer) prevent me from keeping what I originally wrote about this man.

Sen. John McCain has introduced language into the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 to destroy surplus/collectable 1911s rather than sell them via the CMP.

SEC. 331. REPURPOSING AND REUSE OF SURPLUS MILITARY FIREARMS.

(a) Army Transfers.—
    (1) REQUIRED TRANSFER.—Not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), the Secretary of the Army shall transfer to Rock Island Arsenal all excess firearms, related spare parts and components, small arms ammunition, and ammunition components currently stored at Defense Distribution Depot, Anniston, Alabama, that are no longer actively issued for military service.
    (2) REPURPOSING AND REUSE.—The items specified for transfer under paragraph (1) shall be melted and repurposed for military use as determined by the Secretary of the Army, including—
    (A) the re-forging of new firearms or their components; and
    (B) force protection barriers and security bollards.

Senator John McCain Wants To Destroy the Govt Surplus of 1911 Pistols | RedState

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Screw you John McCain. Those guns were paid for by the American people and they belong to them.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Despite all of his flaws I have always tried to defend him because of his time as a pow. I'm done now.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seen an article earlier where he basically blamed Obummer for the Orlando shootings, thought wow! Give him kudos. Now this! Screw McCain! Liberal in a rino costume

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Call me a skeptic but the majority of the time, I like to do my own research before I rush to judgement on people. What threw a flag for me here was that this story contains what appears to be a hot link which goes no where.
    But Senator John McCain had other ideas, as now he's introduced legislation in with the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 that will have the 1911's destroyed and recycled into components or different firearms.

I Googled the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 and found this page :
    https://armedservices.house.gov/hearings-and-legislation/ndaa-national-defense-authorization-act

Maybe I am searching in the wrong place but the only sec. 331 I could find is this:

S
    UBTITLE
    D—R
    EPORTS
    Section 331—Modification of Annual Department of Defense
    Energy Management Reports
    This section would modify subsection (a) and (b) of section 2925
    of title 10, United States Code, to modify and extend, with a sunset
    date of January 31, 2021, the ‘‘Annual Report Related to Installa-
    tions Energy Management’’ report and the ‘‘Annual Report Related
    to Operational Energy’’ report. This amendment would supersede
    section 1080 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal

I am not defending McCain but would like to see the actual text the article is reporting on.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Call me a skeptic but the majority of the time, I like to do my own research before I rush to judgement on people. What threw a flag for me here was that this story contains what appears to be a hot link which goes no where.

I Googled the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 and found this page :
    https://armedservices.house.gov/hearings-and-legislation/ndaa-national-defense-authorization-act

Maybe I am searching in the wrong place but the only sec. 331 I could find is this:

I am not defending McCain but would like to see the actual text the article is reporting on.

I'm with you MuttX7. I want to do my own research on this one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seen an article earlier where he basically blamed Obummer for the Orlando shootings, thought wow! Give him kudos. Now this! Screw McCain! Liberal in a rino costume

You gave kudos for blaming Obama for the Orlando shooting? In what universe does that make sense? Obama is as much to blame for this as the guns are. So if Obama is to blame, let's impeach him, and then we can ban all guns.

Kut (points out the incredibly BAD logic)

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You gave kudos for blaming Obama for the Orlando shooting? In what universe does that make sense? Obama is as much to blame for this as the guns are. So if Obama is to blame, let's impeach him, and then we can ban all guns.

Kut (points out the incredibly BAD logic)

Who was investigating the Orlando Murderer? Who is in charge of that agency ?

Top Bottom